Wooshi’s journey to the VHL Junior Review

Tropicalfire

Wooshi started playing hockey in 6th grade at a middle school in Texas, yes hockey in Texas I know. He had never really experienced it much but was destined to get good at it. His first season was mainly him on the 4th line and also a undress skater with stats you would see from a first time hockey player. 1 goal 2assists 3 points in 7 games in a 25 game season. 

In the off-season he was determined to train a lot to get better, and that’s exactly what he did and it showed in the 7th grade season. His second year he scored 6 goals and 10 assists for 16 points in 15 games. “Work does pay off” he said to another teammate after the season. A major jump in production from last year. 8th grade is when we really started seeing him advance.

Once he started his third season he had shown that he was a true player. 15 goals 16 assists 31 points in all 25 games. He was also playing on the second line this year. Now with his middle school seasons done he was now going to high school, it was here where he was going to become a great player on his team. 

Wooshi’s freshman year was a great year and his first for eligibility for being scouted. The number of games also increased from 25 to 40 this would show how better he got with more games. He scored 23 goals and 41 assists for 64 points in 40 games. At this point scouts were starting to notice mainly from the VHL. 

Finally his sophomore year. Wooshi would be turning 16 this year and would be eligible to play in the VHL. He surely did show he was could definitely find a spot in the league, he had an amazing year. 31 goals 50 assists for 81 points in all 40 games truly a sensational season from the kid. He was the most dominant player in his school and led them to the national championship in which they won. After the game he stated “The VHL could really use a player like me, that’s where I’m heading”.

Wooshi was eager to get offers from teams, luckily it didn’t take him long to get some. He got offers from a few teams but in all he decided to play for the Miami Marauders where he remains to this day. “I have a bright future ahead of me and I am eager to get started” he said after he signed with the club. 

417 words

Edited by Tropicalfire