Grapes-Tophat_Clan-

Because of the sudden influx of new players, including my self, due to the pandemic, I feel that an expansion might be needed. The draft is upon us and that would be a perfect time to add new teams, I would think 2 new teams in both the VHL and VHLM. I think a team in both Milwaukee and Boston for the VHL and then for the VHL Bern and Detroit. This is not for TPE but just an idea I wanted to get out there.

2 hours ago, Grapes-Tophat_Clan- said:

Because of the sudden influx of new players, including my self, due to the pandemic, I feel that an expansion might be needed. The draft is upon us and that would be a perfect time to add new teams, I would think 2 new teams in both the VHL and VHLM. I think a team in both Milwaukee and Boston for the VHL and then for the VHL Bern and Detroit. This is not for TPE but just an idea I wanted to get out there.

Expansion was an idea VHLM GMs has talked about before, but as they discussed, they have no idea whether or not a good chunk of these new players coming would actually stay by the time they make the VHL. The VHL has just recently had a 4 team expansion as well. So I don't think the teams up there would consider expansion again anytime soon. The VHLM also had expanded to Miami just a couple of seasons ago. From what I know, people are still trying to figure out what to do. I personally want an expansion as well, but we got to consider whether or not there would be enough players in the M past this recent influx of recruits to justify an expansion.

Time is needed to see how many players are going to stick around before expansion would make sense. Since we are currently about half way through S74 and S75 draft hasn't even taken place, it would be wise to wait until the end of S75 before a decision is made on expansion as we can determine if players are staying around and if the continued influx will continue long term. I think this is a temporary issue with the release of NHL 21 bring new players from Youtube recruitment drive. How long will this last and how many players stay past a week or two is yet to be determined.