Campbell's Rookie Experience

Banackock

2c8e22f603958923f884ddd4ddfb0306.jpg

Blake Campbell is a name that everyone knows in Seattle. He's the legendary GM that is breaking records and was once a pretty damn good goalie for the Stockholm Vikings and New York Americans who happened to win a Shaw and Continental cup as a player (and 5 as a GM). The name Isabella Campbell, though, may be a little less of a household name unless you're a Seattle Bears fan. I'm sure a strong VHL fan will know who she is, but again, she's been a little quieter this season due to her role and skill on the Seattle Bears team. As she graduated from the VHLM, she did so extremely well as she left behind a Houston Bulls team that was proud of how she played and what she brought to the team. She had a fairly strong season with the team and while they came up short in the playoffs, she still had a hell of a time. Graduating into the VHL is an amazing, special moment for every single player but for her, she's going up to the Bears. A place where her father has so much history. He's a legend. Will this help her? Will this excite her? Will she feel like she's playing in his shadow or will the pressure become too much? This season, she's performing a little lower than scouts had her playing. She has 9 goals, 8 assists for a total of 17 points in I believe 49 games played. Scouting had her sitting at 28 points by this time. Even when you say that out loud, was that a little high? Take a look around the league right now and a lot of players are playing above her who arguably either don't have as much skill, are the same skill, or are only slightly above her level. As the season progresses, it's rumored that her role is largely going to increase and she's even going to be taking over the 2nd line center role. This evidently became more clear when the team traded out the wonderful loyalist known as Ola Vikingstad, the champion who betrayed the Bear (Only playing around. Or am I?). Once again, we're brought back to her shadow and the pressure of performing (or lack there of). With us now, Isabella Campbell.

"Wow, what a way to jump from a story to immediate statement. Uhm, I guess I will touch on everything briefly and then carry on with my day. I don't have too much to say but playing with Seattle, for my father and quote, in his shadow, doesn't really have me afraid of playing the game that I love. It excites me. Seattle is amazing and I get to do it with everyone that I love. That's special to me and I cannot wait to have the season dive deeper. Speaking of that, my play isn't the worst either but I definitely do want to kick it up a notch so that I can help out the team a little bit more. With me transitioning to center, that's going to be going on the back burner for a little bit but for me, that;s okay. I'm here to play my role. I want to win. I'm here for Seattle and they and my teammates will always come first. I'm so excited for the present and future of this team!"