New league direction??

Prout

This topic I chose came to my mind when I started to get active on here and if anyone don’t know who I am I’ll introduce myself. Firsts I’m still new joined the SDM and became interested into the sim league as I’ve heard about on YouTube and ironically the YouTuber on my team Thrash. 

Now that I’ve gave a quick introduction and now moving onto this topic is being new was a big learning curve and still is. I found great help and cheers to everyone that’s helped me. But I feel for new people is there a way to improve the direction of the league as seeing more lines on a team opening up roster spots would that mean expansion? More league jobs? Different threads on how to and more experienced players explaining maybe there own experiences and what helped them get to where they are ? Maybe how to threads even?

the league has a wonderful community and I think a couple new threads that’ll help players even more on things like TPE and what it all does how to claim them and so on. Now I know asking help does get you where you need but wouldn’t it be even better that a new person will have even more knowledge and better understanding on things if they got more?

expanding the league is great and hopefully it’ll continue cause of the great work this community has done it’s paid off and I hope it grows in minors and the “pros” 

id like to see more game day engagement and maybe a game of the week for the VHLM? Get some newer people engaged enough to keep wanting more and to get there friends involved?

ill admit that some little things can actually benefit not just new people but.even experienced players that’ll want to have it more active in both leagues and “more things to do” it’ll be interesting what’s going on in the background and what projects they work on and I hope maybe what I’ve posted here could help or bring a awareness that’ll get some new direction on how to boost the activeness here  and how we can still do more little things to improve the overall experience itself. 

What if there was a league podcast people can do for jobs or even for fun to get more people to join? More weekly polls on different things going on between teams and the league itself? Would anyone like seeing that? Maybe even add a graphics contest for those who can make those ? 

More self rewarding and different areas for the experience can be fun and new ? I’ve come across these ideas by just thinking of new things I’d like to see cause some things do repeat after repeat so what if we can change that and make things feel new again? I know it’s sounds silly and I’d be willing myself to work on small things behind the scenes just to gain attraction and have new and fun ways of keeping a mix of tenured players and brand new people all engaged and having that could even make more fun for all. 

As always if you’d like to add on to this or maybe know more then I do please feel free to comment on how you feel cause I like hearing everyone’s feed back!! Have a great week! 

First off, it's great that you're new to the league and have ideas on how to improve it. Never be afraid to share your opinion.

Regarding game day involvement - Discord is the problem, but removing discord (apparently) results in too many other problems, so that's not going to happen. As long as Discord reigns supreme, the forum will continue to suffer.

For more league jobs - First off, having a league job doesn't increase the amount of TPE you can earn per week. They just provide a different way to reach the 12 TPE cap. As far as a podcast and other media, as @Berockasaid, check out VSN.

10 minutes ago, flyersfan1453 said:

First off, it's great that you're new to the league and have ideas on how to improve it. Never be afraid to share your opinion.

Regarding game day involvement - Discord is the problem, but removing discord (apparently) results in too many other problems, so that's not going to happen. As long as Discord reigns supreme, the forum will continue to suffer.

For more league jobs - First off, having a league job doesn't increase the amount of TPE you can earn per week. They just provide a different way to reach the 12 TPE cap. As far as a podcast and other media, as @Berockasaid, check out VSN.

Yeah I get that unfortunately about discord

however the podcast and such I meant as more advertising and league updates and gain attractions for new people I’ve seen that but I was thinking cause there’s such a big podcast word it wouldn't hurt to venture and advertise through them. I see what both you mean and I appreciate the positive responses !