#AsktheBouch: VHLM Debut

Gaikoku-hito

Building off of the first episode of #AsktheBouch; we continue our sit down with Draftee Robert Bouchard as he is progress towards his S75 VHLM draft.

So you have made your VHLM debut; how do you feel that the debut went and what do you think of the league so far?

Well, I actually found the first game fast and it took me a few games to actually get to grips with the speed of the league. So my first two games were not a true reputation of what I am able to bring a team. After the first two games I was able to settle into the team a bit and I have a few areas of my game that I need to continue to improve a like my defensive coverage and my overall 50ft game. These are usually things that rookies need to improve as you are learning a new system with a new team and until you get to grips with the defensive coverage, this will always be weakness. So this is an area of my game that I am currently working on at the moment.

His current stats are 10gp - 4g – 5a – 10pts

Do you have a favorite quote?

“Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard" and “It is hard to beat a person who never gives up” are two of my favorite quotes but not for the reason that you might think. Talent is a gift of finding something easy when other find it difficult but to be honest working harder when you don’t have talent isn’t going to give you the sudden ability to see the ice better or shoot the puck harder etc.. Yes, Working hard in practice will improve your overall skills and your overall talent but if you find something difficult it means you don’t have the talent to succeed at that task. So in that case is it wise spending energy on something that you find difficult when it is clearly not your talent? This leads into my true favorite quote, which is work smarter and not harder. Understanding ones strengths and improving them and learning to cover up your weakness will mean you will away thrive and be successful since you are only ever showing people your strengths. 

Interesting aspect on quotes and your first few games in the VHLM. Next week VHL.com/XM Radio/590 we will continue the interview with Robert Bouchard in a segment call #AsktheBouch, as we follow the Canadian progress towards VHLM draft and his first season

(424 words)

Edited by Gaikoku-hito

• Gaikoku-hito changed the title to #AsktheBouch: VHLM Debut