#AsktheBouch: Comparisons

Gaikoku-hito

1957043785_RobertBouchardVHLMS75Draftee.jpg.63ad5c859139cfdd0fb239d857aa13b5.jpg 

Building off of the first two episode of #AsktheBouch; we continue our sit down with Draftee Robert Bouchard as he is progress towards his S75 VHLM draft and VHL Draft where the young Canadian is expected to be a first round pick in the VHLM and a late second rounder in the VHL drafts.

In regards to large events, do like the pressure?

This reminds me of a quote that is so true; “Pressure comes from within and so must be mastered from within.” Pressure is feeling of wanting to do well or to preform well but true be told pressure is a good thing as it drives you to be the best on that given night or during that given event; if channeled correctly.  First step of handling pressure is making sure you are best prepared for the event in which you are going to have pressure so well rested, fueled and trained correctly for the event. No matter what on the day of the event you are ready no matter if the outcome is going to be negative or positive and at the end of the day you know you have either prepared or haven’t prepared enough for the event. Now it is simple time to take the preparation and act on it; knowing you will preform at the best you can.

So yes, I like pressure, as it is self-driven and can be self-controlled. I don’t feel pressure from others since If I do then I know it isn’t right for me and the answer is always going to be no or I am not doing that. Don’t care who it might be coach, management or teammate etc… Only person I can control is myself.

What other Athletes do you like to watch or follow?

I follow a few but at the end of the day I focus on myself and trying to improve the weakness I have in my own game. You watch what those other players are doing and you try to pick up the positives from them and try to see if what they are doing can be added to your regiment as it always about trying to make yourself better.

Who do you pattern you game off of?

Myself!! But I have been called a Poor man Sydney Crosby but I think this is due to you size comparison and where we are both from but at the end of the day I think I do something’s better then him and I think he does things better then me as is the nature of sports. You focus more on yourself while keeping a eye on these types of players to simple see what they are doing and if it can help you.

1560055957_EliteComparison-SydneyCrosby.jpg.eb723e65fb28d5ba0dc3f255ded2b6fd.jpg                                656376429_RealisticComparison-BoHorvat.jpg.02cc0de1097f56218cbfc5dc9d290fc4.jpg                               23396169_Low-endComparison-RyanStrome.jpg.57b445bdf29ccbe5b4dd8e6368f00113.jpg

Next week VHL.com/XM Radio/590 we will continue the interview with Robert Bouchard in a segment called #AsktheBouch, as we follow the Canadian progress towards VHLM draft and his first season

(489 words)

Edited by Gaikoku-hito

• Gaikoku-hito changed the title to #AsktheBouch: Comparisons