Robin Galante Nilsson Press Conference

1. What was the biggest surprise to you upon returning?

2. Is there anyone you're surprised to see still around? Anyone you're not?

3. How many current GMs do you know?

4. What brought you back?

5. How do you pronounce you're username? What does it mean?

6. What's your favorite old VHL memory?

@RomanesEuntDomus

On 10/21/2020 at 4:03 PM, GustavMattias said:

1. What was the biggest surprise to you upon returning?

2. Is there anyone you're surprised to see still around? Anyone you're not?

3. How many current GMs do you know?

4. What brought you back?

5. How do you pronounce you're username? What does it mean?

6. What's your favorite old VHL memory?

1. There haven't been that many surprises so far, mainly because I had actually been checking in on the VHL occasionally even while I was gone and I talked to some people who are still here somewhat regularly. I also haven't looked that deeply into many of the concepts yet since my player kinda is still in limbo and neither drafted nor on a team thats in the playoffs, so I expect to find some more surprises once I get to engage more with all of those things.

2. I am mostly surprised by the amount of new names to be quite honest. I knew that the VHL had grown significantly so I expected there to be many new faces but probably the same amount of veterans I remembered, when I looked through some rosters over the last few days I saw junior teams where I knew exactly one name and everyone else was new. Didn't quite expect that ratio, but that's a pretty exciting thing in itself!

3. At the VHL level it's a fair amount actually, about half of them I would say and maybe I even know one or two more and they have just changed their names since.

4. People like der meister, Orbiting Death and Banack hounding me for literally years. I also had some issues with the VHLs structure back in the day which was why it could never excite me quite as much as some other leagues did, but I've heard that a lot of things have changed around here since and I'm curious to see if those structural issues has changed as well.

5. It's a movie quote from Monty Python's "Life of Brian". You can watch it here, that's probably better than any explanation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIAdHEwiAy8

6. Hmm that's a tough one... On-ice it would have to be my cup win with the Cologne Express, which was the first and also only cup both in the franchises history and for myself. Off ice it's probably my late-night Destiny sessions with Devise and ADV :D

• 2 months later...
On 1/11/2021 at 3:45 AM, Tate said:

1. How are you finding the VHL experience so far, are you enjoying your return?

2. Do you like how it's going for your player so far, is he performing in the way that you anticipated?

3. Now that you're back in the STHS world, do you like it more or less than the FHM version on the SHL?

4. Have you every GM'ed before, would you consider doing that here?

5. What's the best branding you've seen here? What's your least favorite?

6. What's the best midnight snack?

@RomanesEuntDomus

1. I certainly do, it's fun to get a different perspective here and to see things done differently in some areas even where I would prefer other models.

2. Yupp I'm happy with my performance so far. Kinda sad that I couldn't keep my early pace from the start of my junior season up but that would've been unrealistic anyway.

3. FHM certainly is the better engine overall but STHS isn't without its charms and it kinda gives you a warm fuzzy feeling to come back to it.

4. I have done so both here and in the SHL but it has never really been the aspect that I enjoy most about these kinds of leagues, so I doubt I will return to it any time soon.

5. There are lots of nice brandings here so it's tough to single out specific ones, but I kinda love Malmo's unique color scheme. If I had pick one that's not really my favourite then it's probably the LA Stars which seem kinda bland and the London United which I just don't get :D

6. Eating too late, like right before going to bed, is one of my bigger weak spots when it comes to living a healthy live so sadly I have plenty of options here... It might be muesli, actually.