Justin Lose - Scouting Report

Martin St. Louis Stats and News | NHL.com

Background:

Justin Lose (18 years old) is a 5' 10" 160lbs RW for the Philadelphia Reapers as a waiver pickup. Joining mid season Lose slowly adapted to the professional level. Lose was an offense powerhouse in the Junior league and is looking to translate that into the VHLM. He is now meshing well with his team being on the second line with Thomas King and John Callahan Jr including powerplay time. He started his season slow with limited scoring and shooting. Currently he has found his stride and is now producing points in big moments. You would be drafting a motivated player who wants to grow every week.

Final Stat Line:

34 GP - 8 Goals - 11 Assists - 19 Points - +1

Team:

The Philadelphia Reapers failed to make the playoffs by 3 points.

Star Moment:

Game 348 - First star with 1 - 1 - 2 points vs. Houston Bulls

Comparison:
Want:
Nikita Kucherov - Elite scoring
Actual:
Cam Atkinson - Consistent production
Avoid:
Cal Clutterbuck - Physical focused

Scout:

"A solid right winger with a nose for the net, he can play the puck well, be physical if needed, and could be a dangerous presence on the rush. Considering his attributes, he plays like Cam Atkinson." - Darius Marimoto

Strengths:
Scoring - After the slow start, Lose worked with the coaches and teammates on Philadelphia and finally clicked. He picks his spots and goes for quality over quantity in shots. Not afraid to join a rush or a pinch down low.
Passing - Unselfish passing in crucial moments in games. Has the ability to find teammates and have accurately go tape to tape.
Defense - Wants to be effective on both sides of the ice. Can react to developing plays and  cover for defensemen if needed.

Weakness:
Fighting - Small frame makes him an easy target to throw around. He avoids fights at all costs.
Checking - Same with fighting, he needs to add more muscle to throw the body more. Can throw the body in certain situations if needed.
Strength - Easily overpowered when flanked by opponents. Needs to keep head up and stay on his feet or avoid checks.

Player Comment:

"I want to be a team player on the ice. I could mesh well with any team. I'm unselfish and can score in important chances. I work hard every week and show up to practice on time. My dream is to be a top goal scorer in the VHL." - Justin Lose

Overall:

A well rounded player who want their team to win games. Motivated and growing every week. Can fit on 2nd or 3rd lines where needed and perfect for powerplay lines too. Wants to transition into the 1st line role. Meshes well with teammates and builds chemistry.