Town of Salem #12

Gustav

It's a lovely day in Salem! The town hasn't turned on itself for a few weeks now, and the only person who isn't ready to kill everyone else is @Doomsday, who still won't shut up about building a Wawa on the corner of Sycamore and Main. We've definitely got us a majority, though, so let's get on with it.

New Announcements:

-A whole lot of Mafia changes! Read this post to learn more because I'm too lazy to type them out again. These will be in effect for this game.

-N1 might be starting early tomorrow! Think 6:45-ish Eastern. Other night phases should start around the usual time.

The Copy-Paste:

-JOIN THE DISCORD SERVER! YOU'RE REQUIRED TO! HERE'S ANOTHER LINK!

-I'm going with my usual starting and ending times as a general guideline: WHENEVER THE HELL I WAKE UP marks the start of each day phase, and 9 PM EST marks the start of each night phase. Those will be the times that I'll aim for, but, officially, the start of one phase and the end of another comes whenever I make the announcement. You'll be pinged. I will do my best to give out expected announcement times, but I reserve the right to kick off any phase at any time.

-No talking in this thread during night phases. That goes for everybody, regardless of role. I have no power to lock this thread at night, and there's no official penalty for talking in here at night, but if you see one of your fellow citizens doing so, please yell at them for me.

-Do not edit posts. I've been relaxed about not yelling at people who have, but editing is a sneaky way to take out potentially incriminating information. If you say something stupid, too bad. Don't change it.

-If you are reasonably able to be online at the start of the night phases, please make an effort to do so. The JAILOR (if there is a Jailor) is able to speak with you in their own Discord channel at night, and that is when I will put the Jailor's target in said channel. If it is within your power to do so and doesn't present a huge inconvenience, please be online when the night phase starts and please join the server out of respect for the Jailor and their time. If you know you won't be around at the start of the night phase, it might be helpful to give me a message to forward to the Jailor during the day phase should you be placed in jail that night.

-DO NOT PM ANYBODY. All communication must happen in this thread, unless you have already received an invite to a Discord server where you may speak as well. If you haven't, keep everything here. Should you wish to contact someone directly, too bad! Whispers don't exist in this format.

-STAY ACTIVE. If you do go two day and night phases in a row without speaking in public, speaking in a private Discord, or sending me a night action (or specifically telling me you do not want to take a night action), I will swing the Mighty Gustav Hammer of Death. You do not want the Mighty Gustav Hammer of Death, and neither does anybody on your side.

-NO ROLES ARE OFF THE TABLE. If you play the online game, you may be familiar with a Classic mode being the default, where many of the newer roles are not used. In these games, if the evil faction is the Mafia, ALL roles which are not members of the Coven may be used, and vice versa. This includes Any All and Town Traitor.

-Last but not least, friendly reminder that no discussion relevant to this game in particular is allowed in the #general channel of the game server while this game is running.

-Just kidding! Actually last but not least--IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO CHECK YOUR DISCORD CHANNEL FOR NOTIFICATIONS PRIOR TO EACH DAY PHASE. It might not end well for you if you don't!

-The game starts NOW!

Role List:

2x TOWN PROTECTIVE

2x TOWN SUPPORT

2x TOWN INVESTIGATIVE

2x TOWN KILLING

2x RANDOM TOWN

1x GODFATHER

3x RANDOM MAFIA

1x NEUTRAL KILLING

2x RANDOM NEUTRAL

1x ANY OF THE ABOVE

Rules are here

The wiki is here

Discord is here

A song longer than my commute is here

List of players (18):

@a_Ferk

@BarzalGoat

@Berocka

@bigAL

@Caboose30

@chatfan036

@Devise

@JeffD

@jhatty8

@JigglyGumballs

@JorgTheGoat03

@MMFLEX

@Mr_Hatter

@omgitshim

@osens

@Ricer13

@Spartan

@TheLastOlympian07

Edited by GustavMattias

Well the game just started and I've made my first idiot move. Apologies to those about to get double-pinged and apologies to those who I pinged who aren't in this game. That was the list of winners of the last game lol

7 minutes ago, jhatty8 said:

textew.thumb.PNG.439afae1980ef911ea3892ad9ca6ebe5.PNG

automatic text boi

Dark theme boi

I thought about adjusting it but I figured like 3 people were still in light mode and nobody here is a first-timer so nobody's going to read the copy-paste anyway.

Well I finally got a neutral role, may as well get out in front of it.

I am a survivor and I am vesting tonight. Investigator / sheriff feel free to take a look at me tonight if you like to confirm. This strategy has worked for others before so may as well tell you all

2 minutes ago, chatfan036 said:

Also you guys know how much I love the meta, if you are the jailor let's get a tp / lo on you tonight, reveal yourself please jailor 

I am here, I am finally a jailor and not a stinky pirate.

1 hour ago, bigAL said:

Game on friends.

I appreciate that Eagles is organizing the town again, but I wonder if he's relying a lot on his past successes to cause some chaos as a neutral?

Day 1 Survivor claims are fairly common for actual Survivors who want to take the boring way out, but Survivor is also an easy evil claim too. Less likely to happen on day 1 though and since there's no Coven/Medusa, an Investigator can confirm him as non-evil (though could possibly be an Amne still, so would have to consider that if an unclaimed Amne turns evil later).

Stupid idiot mod Gustav is back

I put @Doomsday on my spreadsheet and he had a role assigned to him on there, but apparently I somehow managed to miss him on the player list and counted the wrong number on the role list. We now have 19 players--for the sake of not giving away which faction he belongs to, we now have two Any spots on the role list.