Henry Tucker Scouting Profile

NSG

The Miami Marauders squeaked into the playoffs, and during that time, Henry Tucker had a little-noticed season as the 4th line right winger. Tucker, born in Auburn, Alabama, thought about taking over his father’s wing joint before deciding that he would have a better chance for success in hockey. 

Name: Henry Tucker

Postion: RW

Height: 6’3, 200 lbs.

STRENGTHS

Shooting- Tucker has yet to score a goal, but he has only played 17 games. When he begins to shoot, his shots are likely to start falling, as he is currently turning all his focus to shooting, and after this report is done, he should have a 54 on scoring. Every other stat is 43 or 44. Expect to see his shooting drastically improve as he prepares for the draft. 

Youth- Tucker is only 16 and has a LOT of time to develop into a star. He has 12 years until he primes and another 10-ish on his decline, so he could be around a while.

Physicality- Tucker does not have exceptionally high checking, but he did record 18 hits in 17 total games, which is not very bad. He could be a skilled enforcer.

Being A Right Winger- Despite his low overall ranking, I do recall that Tucker is the 2nd best RWer in his draft class, so he may get drafted by teams poor on wingers. 

WEAKNESSES

Low TPE- Tucker joined late in the season, played 4th line minutes, and a 13-game regular season stunt makes him wish that he could wait another year in the minors.

Experience- Duh, he’s only 16 and has played 17 games. It is unlikely that he will be able to provide any tips and tricks that he’s learned until he’s in his 20s.

Playing Time- Tucker was signed as a 4th liner and has not ascended up the depth chart since then. I would suspect that most new draftees are VHLM 1st or 2nd liners who begin their VHL careers as 4th liners or reserves. Henry Tucker is currently a 4th liner, so he would probably be really bogged down in a pro team’s depth chart, so he is really not a good choice.

Overall, Henry Tucker is a confusing and mysterious prospect, full of potential but lacking impressive stats (1 assist, 6 shots, 14 PIM, 18 Hits, -9 +/- in 17 games) and experience makes him a so-so prospect. He is most certainly not a 1st rounder, perhaps a late round pick by a team hat needs a right wing, but most likely Tucker will be an undrafted free agent who, if signed, will be cut in practice camp, barring some miracle. This isn’t very positive, and I guess I’m supposed to hype my own players, but Tucker would benefit from another minor league season.

Edited by NotSoGood88
Not Long Enough