Onde Sandstrom - Rookie Experience

fonziGG

?Onde Sandstrom Rookie Experience?

celebrate antoine roussel GIF by Dallas Stars

My expectations this season was to come in and fight for a spot on the team. I expected to score around 40 points, which I was 9 points off from however I knew that I wasn't playing top line minutes and this was a reasonable expectation for me. The season as been fantastic, we're a young team and every single member of this team has been nothing but forthcoming for me. From the vets in Downey and Louth even down to the younger players in Moose and Jessy, they've really enhanced my game day by day. I know I need to be at my sharpest in order to impress the rest of the team and the league and show I'm not just a physical presence. I'm much more.

This season, I knew I'd be playing in limited minutes which didn't hurt my feelings at all. I knew I had to prove myself and I didn't so far this season in a scoring capacity. I was a bit scared to come in knowing my biggest weakness was my puck handling ability. I didn't show my scoring prowess in Las Vegas as much as I thought I could so I entered this season with the expectation that I need to work on that this year. I have and next season I hope to prove to the fans and all the viewers that I'm a dangerous player when I step on the ice. I'm not here to monkey around, I'm here to score for my team. The opposition is the enemy and I'll hound you until you make a mistake. This has always been my philosophy and has been a huge part of my playoff play which has netted me a lot of shots this post-season.

Vancouvers coaching staff put up some expectations they have of me at the beginning of the season. One was to improve my skating since I wasn't fast enough for the game. The other was that I would score 15 goals. I was at 14 and the coach told me as long as I was one or two away that they wouldn't be super upset with me. However knowing that I didn't reach that this season, I'll be hard on myself during the off season. I was put forth an objective and I failed to meet that. I'm quite distraught about that if I'm completely honest. We've been discussing objectives for next season, which will remain a secret for now, and I think those objectives are perfect for me to take my next step.