#AsktheBouch: End of a being a Storm

Gaikoku-hito

1670271580_RobertBouchardVHLMS75Draftee.jpg.345bde52fbc058908afee2993ec48ba2.jpg

Continuing to building off of the lack of success of #AsktheBouch series so far; we continue our sit down with Draftee Robert Bouchard as he is progress towards his S75 VHLM draft and VHL Draft where the young Canadian is expected to be a first round pick in the VHLM and a late second rounder in the VHL drafts.

How is your experience playing currently for the Minnesota Storm?

Well, the first season has come to a end as of today with a very disappointing end to the season with eight straight loses. For a while it looked like we might have turned the sinking ship but in the end all we did was slow the progress but overall I am happy with the way the team continued to fight and actually got better as we progressed towards the seasons end. We were never going to make the play-offs from the moment that I signed off waivers with the team. It has been an enjoyable experience and I wouldn’t mind returning for a full season should the team draft my rights.

How do you deal with pressure and the expectation of the up coming VHLM draft? 

It is all about staying focused on yourself since you don’t control the outcome of where you will be drafted or what the teams actually need. So simple trying to be ready to be the best player for whatever team drafts you; meaning pounding out the work outs and staying completely focused on improving your own game. Play-off games might have helped determine the draft stock a bit but by now most teams should have scouted majority of the players and know what we can bring to aid the teams in the future. It doesn’t matter where you get drafted or if you get drafted it is simply a matter of making the team and making the team better when given the chance.

Next week VHL.com/XM Radio/590 we will continue the interview with Robert Bouchard in a segment called #AsktheBouch, as we follow the Canadian progress towards VHLM draft and his first season.

(349 words)

Edited by Gaikoku-hito

• Gaikoku-hito changed the title to #AsktheBouch: End of a being a Storm