Another Day, Another Off-Topic Discussion. Music!

thadthrasher

I don't know about the rest of you, but I listen to a lot of music. I listen to music when I drive, when I work, when I play NHL 21...

Music is a pretty central thing to me and to most people. We hear it in TV Shows, movies, video games, and especially at live events.

A good song choice can help set the mood for an upcoming event, or evoke emotions at a certain point. For example, everyone gets excited when they hear their favorite team's goal song play.

So, I'm curious to see the variety of music tastes in the VHL community. Drop a link to or embed your most recent "favorite" song!

5 minutes ago, Ahma said:

Major Tom (coming home)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP0_8J7uxhs

Laura Branigan - Self Control

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO0A0XcWy88

Yes! I've not listened to Laura Branigan much, but I certainly appreciate the Peter Schilling nod! Major Tom (Coming Home) is a classic!

4 minutes ago, thadthrasher said:

@GrittyIsKing09that song is pretty good. I can see why it's one of your favorites right now!

which one? there are two links below it, too

Edited by GrittyIsKing09

Boomer AL is rockin' out to the new Springsteen album today and Tom Petty's Damn the Torpedoes.

Is it a boomer thing to listen to whole albums instead of individual songs on shuffle?

Just now, bigAL said:

Boomer AL is rockin' out to the new Springsteen album today and Tom Petty's Damn the Torpedoes.

Is it a boomer thing to listen to whole albums instead of individual songs on shuffle?

It is not lol. I usually listen to my Discover Weekly album on Spotify and then if I hear a song I like I'll listen to the entire album that song is in. 

I just wish Weird Al would come out with another album already!

Just now, GrittyIsKing09 said:

@bigALi only listen to folklore and hamilton as albums

No lie, Hamilton is amazing. When I would have to drive 3.5 hours to my National Guard unit in PA I would listen to that entire album. It's weird how time goes by so fast when you listen to Hamilton.

6 minutes ago, thadthrasher said:

just wish Weird Al would come out with another album already!

Honest to god, I've been to a lot of concerts and Weird Al was the best one by far. He's such a talented musician, so many costume changes, and an unreal set list. He came out with a full unit of storm troopers for Yoda as a finale!

Just now, bigAL said:

Honest to god, I've been to a lot of concerts and Weird Al was the best one by far. He's such a talented musician, so many costume changes, and an unreal set list. He came out with a full unit of storm troopers for Yoda as a finale!

That's pretty amazing. I think a lot of people overlook him as a "real" musician because of his comedic approach, but they are far from correct in their assessment.

2 minutes ago, thadthrasher said:

That's pretty amazing. I think a lot of people overlook him as a "real" musician because of his comedic approach, but they are far from correct in their assessment.

Let's be real, the accordion is DAMN HARD to play and play well. 

Just now, thadthrasher said:

I'll have to check out more of what they do. 

Another band I've thoroughly enjoyed listening to for a few years now is Greta Van Fleet!

Yeah GVF is a great band also. Its not fair how often they get torched for "copying Led Zeppelin"