Another Day, Another Off-Topic Discussion. Music!

thadthrasher

Aight enough with the Weird Al chat, here's my GOAT band - My Son the Hurricane

They're an unreal, 11 piece brass beast from small town Niagara, ON that put on a wild live show. I highly recommend their three albums on Spotify.

Just now, Beaviss said:

Yeah GVF is a great band also. Its not fair how often they get torched for "copying Led Zeppelin"  

Right?! I watched an interview they did where the interviewer kept mentioning Zeppelin and Josh finally said something along the lines of "Well, we're not Zeppelin, we're Greta Van Fleet." lol had me laughing hard

Just now, thadthrasher said:

Right?! I watched an interview they did where the interviewer kept mentioning Zeppelin and Josh finally said something along the lines of "Well, we're not Zeppelin, we're Greta Van Fleet." lol had me laughing hard

Give this one a try. 

1 minute ago, bigAL said:

Aight enough with the Weird Al chat, here's my GOAT band - My Son the Hurricane

They're an unreal, 11 piece brass beast from small town Niagara, ON that put on a wild live show. I highly recommend their three albums on Spotify.

Bro, you had me at "11 piece brass."

They sound a bit like Too Many Zooz

2 minutes ago, thadthrasher said:

My lord...

I love this! It makes me want to walk out into the road and challenge a car head on, feeling fully confident that my body would absorb the brunt force of the car and I'd be fine!

car nyc GIF by The Detour

9 minutes ago, thadthrasher said:

Bro, you had me at "11 piece brass."

They sound a bit like Too Many Zooz

Oooh I'll go find them.

Yeah brass and rap go together surprisingly amazing. For the second+ albums they added that lady that can friggin WAIL. I love The Hurricane.

Oh boy...I could go on and on in this thread but I'll keep it short.

Prog/psychedelic/fusion for me. Also jammy stuff. I don't care if a song goes for 20 minutes as long as I like it. 

Been getting a lot more into jazz lately. Here's something relatively shareable--very well known in the jazz world; great keyboard solo just over 5 minutes in if you're lazy.

44 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

Oh boy...I could go on and on in this thread but I'll keep it short.

Prog/psychedelic/fusion for me. Also jammy stuff. I don't care if a song goes for 20 minutes as long as I like it. 

Been getting a lot more into jazz lately. Here's something relatively shareable--very well known in the jazz world; great keyboard solo just over 5 minutes in if you're lazy.

This is literally amazing my guy. Jazz is such an underappreciated genre of music. 

11 minutes ago, thadthrasher said:

This is literally amazing my guy. Jazz is such an underappreciated genre of music. 

Glad you enjoy it! I always feel weird talking about it to people I know because nobody else I know really cares for it.

This may sound odd, but Taylor Swifts new album is great. I was not her biggest fan, but this album is completely different from the rest of her stuff. Best song on there is The Last Great American Dynasty. Dont know if dad rock is peoples thing(not that im a dad)

@thadthrasher

Edited by GrittyIsKing09

@GrittyIsKing09T-Swift is very hit or miss with me. I like her most recent album, but my favorite is still 1989. She's a talented artist, but she's had so many style changes over the years that it's hard to nail down exactly what kind of artist she is. Though, I suppose, that could add to her appeal!

• 1 month later...

Also, I got my spotify most listened tuesday

i was in the top 0.1 percent of imagine dragons listeners. m little brother was in the top 1 percent of parry gripp listeners

edit: I also watched her long pond studio sessions on disney+. it's prettygood

Edited by GrittyIsKing09