Season 39 Entry Draft vs 38vs37vs...40?

Mike

Season39_5.png

Last season during the first round of the playoffs I tried to compare the Season 38 and Season 37 Draft.  Now that we are at a similar point in time we can add the Season 39 Draft Class.  This class has been getting a lot of praise and today we will measure it up to the great drafts we have seen lately.  So before we start to finalize our scouting on each individual player and our final mock draft let’s take a look at the class as a whole.

Season 37 Recap
A quick refresher this was the “super draft” containing can’t miss prospects of Tom Slaughter and Slaeter Fjorsstrom who haven’t disappointed.  It also contained a crazy amount of depth that in a typical draft would be easy candidates for first overall.  Players at the time like Jakob Linholm, Logan Laich, KJA, Blaine Olynick, and Kimmo Salo.  Even into the second round we had players like Ron World Peace who are currently coming into their own at the VHL level as well.

TPE At Draft Nearly 2000

Season 38 Recap
Among other things the Season 38 Draft will be remembered by me as the insane amount of quality defenseman.  It wasn’t as top end star studded as Season 37 but it was still a good draft class filled with depth and high end talent.  Most notably we had Vojczek Svoboda, Bruno Wolf, the infamous Don Draper, Dimothenis Vlasis, and Steve Tremblay.  Since the draft most of the later depth players have died down but there are a lot of good players here.

TPE At Draft Nearly 1600

Season 39 Draft
Here is the scary part if we call the Season 37 Draft a “super draft” consisting of both the depth and amazing high end talent that only comes along in a generation then what do we call the Season 39 Draft.  What I mean by this is currently before the playoffs have officially begun this draft class has approx. 1840 practice hours.  The Season 38 Draft had 1350 practice hours a week further along and I predicted accurately around 1600 for the draft.  I’m predicting this draft to have over 2100 practice hours by the time of the draft easily surpassing the Season 37 “super draft”. 

What we are getting in the Season 39 Draft is completely different than Season 37.  In Season 37 we saw some really remarkable talent at the top of the draft that we had never seen before.  This draft on the other hand has top 3 first round talent that stretches throughout the entire first round at a fairly consistent pace.  The mock drafts are all over the place for this draft because the players are virtually interchangeable at this point.  There are a couple that stand alone at the top but we are talking about a draft where the entire first round has players with over 100 hours spent practicing.

TPE At Draft Estimated Over 2100

Season 40 Preview
With the heavy drive on recruitment at the trade deadline we have what many called a “complete success” toward building the Season 40 Draft.  Already more than fifteen prospects have been added to the class with many more expected to declare within the next three to four weeks.  There are players looking to put Tom Slaughter and Slaeter Fjorsstrom to shame in Tyler Cote and Thomas O’Malley.  Depending how strong the new crop over the next month is we are looking at the top end talent from Season 37 and the higher depth from Season 39 to give us potentially one of the best drafts ever.

TPE Currently Over 450

The real question is why am i infamous  :unsure:

That is what I call some journalist pazazz to get you to post and therefore bump and more replies and means more attention to the fact that this was posted.

No mention in S40 = Failed article

This is S39 draftees article and I did mention the only 2 draftees currently worth mentioning from S40 at the bottom you must not be important to me.

• 3 weeks later...

S40, yo.

S40 draft is gonna be insane.  Calling at least 4 players with 200+ TPE on draft day.  I don't know much about the league's history but if they're saying S39 could be one of the best, they have no idea what's coming.

Edited by Ninetyfourgoalie

S40 draft is gonna be insane.  Calling at least 4 players with 200+ TPE on draft day.  I don't know much about the league's history but if they're saying S39 could be one of the best, they have no idea what's coming.

nope i'm quitting the leage right at 199 TPE.

One thing the S40 Draft could have that these previous drafts don't is several good defensemen. If the guys we have now stay as active as they are, while we won't all be superstar players, there would be at least five respectable VHL players in Richardson, Salvador, Poole, Rubin, and Light. And then there are the guys who recently created defensemen, including 701 who has proven to be active in the past. Could be a great year for defense.