#AsktheBouch: A Look Ahead (New Season & Drafts)

Gaikoku-hito

1042324988_RobertBouchardVHLMS75Draftee.jpg.dc1d6d0370c6e0041b2128f759170348.jpg

Continuing to building off of the lack of success of #AsktheBouch series so far; we continue our sit down with Draftee Robert Bouchard as he is progress towards his S75 VHLM draft and VHL Draft where the young Canadian is expected to be a first round pick in the VHLM and a late second rounder in the VHL drafts.

How do you balance Hockey & School?

This isn’t the easiest but putting in the extra time with the teachers when you are in school means you can actually get a head of the rest of the class due to having to pace yourself when you are on the road trips and away from school. We also have a teacher/mentor that travels with the team meaning we always have someone to fall back on but at the end of the day the same thing that drives me on the ice drives me off the ice to always be better be it school or hockey; actually anything I do in life for that matter for fact.

Talk about your support system?

Parents play a huge role of course as you need their support through the up and downs but not talked about a lot are the billet families that become our parents for a good chuck of the season. I will be thinking about them just as much as my parents once draft day comes. It should be an exciting moment. I also have my agent and development coach in Gaikoku-hito; who seems to know what is right for me before even I know what is right for me. This has seen me improve this year in good leaps since joining the storm off waivers as the first week wasn’t my best but I improved over the course of the season to the point I think I improved my overall game.

Improving your overall game does this mean you focused on improving your draft ranking?

Again, This isn’t something that you focus on but something you are aware of. I know I am looking at first round in the VHLM or early second round depending on teams needs and VHL I seem to be either a late second or early third round selection. I am behind some of the players in the VHL draft meaning I actually have a larger upside compared to other players but I am not sure what the team are looking for. I will be happy when the drafts are completed so that I can focus on my future and improving myself knowing I have a goal of making the teams in the VHLM and VHL better in the long run. Drafts days and draft position doesn’t matter as you don’t control what other think and what a team needs. You need to stay focus on what you can control and that is your development.

Next week VHL.com/XM Radio/590 we will continue the interview with Robert Bouchard in a segment called #AsktheBouch, as we follow the Canadian progress towards VHLM draft and his first season.

(507 words)

Edited by Gaikoku-hito

• Gaikoku-hito changed the title to #AsktheBouch: A Look Ahead (New Season & Drafts)