American Presidential Election Talk

thadthrasher

I'm sure most of you are aware of this already, but man tensions are high.

All of my democrat friends are elated on Facebook. Most of their posts are centered around how the republicans acted four years ago, and saying things such as "if only you flew more Trump flags from your truck." There is an increased amount of teasing and saying "trust the process, it works."

My republican friends seem to be focusing on "election fraud" because "votes keep magically coming in." They seem to have forgotten that there are mail-in ballots and that when Trump said that they shouldn't vote by mail, practically no republican did. So, of course the incoming mail-in ballots are Biden. These republican friends are also sharing things such as "It's November 2020, gas prices are $2.18/gallon..." and so on. With that they are sharing memes that say things like "The democrats who cried 4 years ago about collusion are now saying 'trust the system.'" 

Really, this happens every time the presidency changes parties. The winning side "trusts the process" while the losing side cries corruption. Accusations fly, lies are told, and balance is, well, unbalanced. Crazy process.

26 minutes ago, thadthrasher said:

All of my democrat friends are elated on Facebook. Most of their posts are centered around how the republicans acted four years ago, and saying things such as "if only you flew more Trump flags from your truck." There is an increased amount of teasing and saying "trust the process, it works."

My republican friends seem to be focusing on "election fraud" because "votes keep magically coming in." They seem to have forgotten that there are mail-in ballots and that when Trump said that they shouldn't vote by mail, practically no republican did. So, of course the incoming mail-in ballots are Biden. These republican friends are also sharing things such as "It's November 2020, gas prices are $2.18/gallon..." and so on. With that they are sharing memes that say things like "The democrats who cried 4 years ago about collusion are now saying 'trust the system.'" 

Really, this happens every time the presidency changes parties. The winning side "trusts the process" while the losing side cries corruption. Accusations fly, lies are told, and balance is, well, unbalanced. Crazy process.

Gas prices? Really? Do these people not remember paying $4+ a gallon during the Dubya years? smh

It's two different realities at this point, but it is worth noting that one side has had practically every tweet flagged for misinformation and the other side had had none, at least that I'm aware of. 

To quote Tango and Cash: "You have your version, I have the truth."

2 hours ago, thadthrasher said:

there are Democrats on Facebook?

• Commissioner
2 minutes ago, Spade18 said:

To say this is a huge breath let out after 4 years is an absolute understatement.

Funnily enough Trump hasn’t tweeted to bitch yet. Fox hasn’t called it so he probably doesn’t know.

2 hours ago, Beketov said:

Funnily enough Trump hasn’t tweeted to bitch yet. Fox hasn’t called it so he probably doesn’t know.

Fox did call it. PA and Nevada, couple hours ago. 

More likely he's planning on the best way to take advantage of Russia's new law that former US presidents are granted immunity.

3 minutes ago, der meister said:

More likely he's planning on the best way to take advantage of Russia's new law that former US presidents are granted immunity.

Is that an actual thing? Russia doing all they can to turn USA in puppet. 

knew PA went but just seen NV a bit ago....

USA USA USA

7 minutes ago, Banackock said:

Is that an actual thing? Russia doing all they can to turn USA in puppet. 

knew PA went but just seen NV a bit ago....

USA USA USA

Not *exactly*, but it could very well be altered.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/11/5/russian-bill-may-extend-ex-presidents-immunity-from-prosecution

• Commissioner
2 hours ago, der meister said:

To be fair at the time they hadn’t called it.

Also what would Russian law have anything to do with the US? Or do you mean figuring out some way to enact a version of it himself?

31 minutes ago, Beketov said:

To be fair at the time they hadn’t called it.

Also what would Russian law have anything to do with the US? Or do you mean figuring out some way to enact a version of it himself?

I mean more of him fleeing to Russia and a provision being inserted to the proposed law in Russia. See my post above yours

His two latest tweets ???

THE OBSERVERS WERE NOT ALLOWED INTO THE COUNTING ROOMS. I WON THE ELECTION, GOT 71,000,000 LEGAL VOTES. BAD THINGS HAPPENED WHICH OUR OBSERVERS WERE NOT ALLOWED TO SEE. NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE. MILLIONS OF MAIL-IN BALLOTS WERE SENT TO PEOPLE WHO NEVER ASKED FOR THEM!”

lmaoooooo at “I WON THE ELECTION”. Honestly sounds like a kid shitting his pants over not getting a treat after not finishing his supper. 

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, der meister said:

I mean more of him fleeing to Russia and a provision being inserted to the proposed law in Russia. See my post above yours

I can’t see Russia being able to write a law that covers any president aside from their own. Putin is just doing that to protect himself.

6 minutes ago, thadthrasher said:

So, now people are talking about how in 2000 Gore went a month thinking he was the President-Elect. 

2000 was the Brooks brothers riot, Diebold voting machines, etc. It was fledgling modern voter suppression. But it was actually a close vote. People aren't going to sit idly by if scotus tries to reverse this decision.