Saskatoon Wild Press Conference

a_Ferk

33 minutes ago, Doomsday said:

1.  After 22 games, the Saskatoon Wild's 35 points are second in the VHLM, just three behind the Mississauga Hounds. What has the team playing so well right now?

Having just arrived it's hard to say what has the team playing so well. from my experience thus far it seems the GM has a good grasp on what they're doing and hopefully we can take first place soon.

2. After scoring 22 points in 50 games last season, Duncan Montana @124715 was brought back to Saskatoon via the VHLM Draft. All he's done since then is score a VHLM-leading 21 goals, and his 43 points are tied for first in the VHLM. What has Montana done to elevate his game in such an impressive way?

It's hard to say having just arrived but, they have certainly had a break through season and will hopefully aid us on our way to the founders cup.

3. David Tavau @Ahma has established himself as not only the best playmaker with the puck on Saskatoon, but in the entire VHLM as well, leading the league with 33 assists. How important is it having a defenseman that is so adept at facilitating the puck?

Having a defensemen that can move the puck this well is huge for us as it opens up the ice and gives us more scoring opportunities.

4. It took a lot of effort and offers, but LW Max Douglas @Max Douglas became the first player to sign with the Saskatoon Wild as a free agent. What kind of impact can the young playmaker expect to have in his first games with his new teams?

I plan to help out on both sides of the puck and hopefully help continue momentum and win games for the remainder of the season.

5. Andrew Bowman @BrutalBoost became the savior in net last season for the Wild after they entered the season without one. This season, he's among the VHLM's best, with three shutouts and a save percentage over .900. How big is it for Bowman to be doing so well this season?

Having a goalie perform this well allows us to go more on the offensive end knowing that there is always going to be someone to bail us out if we do make a turnover. 

6. Last week, the Wild got some sad news that Assistant General Manager @a_Ferk would be stepping down. It's time for some more love for the native son of Saskatchewan: what made Ferk such an important part of the Saskatoon organization the past four seasons?

Having never known Ferk it's hard to say all I know is that he left the organization in a great place and we will continue to push forward.

45 minutes ago, Doomsday said:

1.  After 22 games, the Saskatoon Wild's 35 points are second in the VHLM, just three behind the Mississauga Hounds. What has the team playing so well right now?

I think what has us rolling is our time spent in possession of the puck. We lead the league in time spent with control of the puck. 

2. After scoring 22 points in 50 games last season, Duncan Montana @124715 was brought back to Saskatoon via the VHLM Draft. All he's done since then is score a VHLM-leading 21 goals, and his 43 points are tied for first in the VHLM. What has Montana done to elevate his game in such an impressive way?

Its all about confidence, hes got some swagger to his game now. 

3. David Tavau @Ahma has established himself as not only the best playmaker with the puck on Saskatoon, but in the entire VHLM as well, leading the league with 33 assists. How important is it having a defenseman that is so adept at facilitating the puck?

Well every team needs a good quarterback on the back end and for our team Tavau is our guy. Hes been out of this world though and we've got a really talented player on our hands. I just gotta worry about getting open when hes on the ice he can usually make a play happen on his own

4. It took a lot of effort and offers, but LW Max Douglas @Max Douglas became the first player to sign with the Saskatoon Wild as a free agent. What kind of impact can the young playmaker expect to have in his first games with his new teams?

Well I always thought the ideal first impression to have is with a good fight, but since he's 5'9" i doubt ill see that. We got chemistry going right now but what Douglas gives us is the possibility of running more than just the two lines leaving guys more fresh.

5. Andrew Bowman @BrutalBoost became the savior in net last season for the Wild after they entered the season without one. This season, he's among the VHLM's best, with three shutouts and a save percentage over .900. How big is it for Bowman to be doing so well this season?

Damn that last shutout game against Houston was huge for us in creating some space between us on the 2nd team in the conference. Bowman just seems to be coming up big when it counts the most. 

6. Last week, the Wild got some sad news that Assistant General Manager @a_Ferk would be stepping down. It's time for some more love for the native son of Saskatchewan: what made Ferk such an important part of the Saskatoon organization the past four seasons?

He brought some personality to our locker room and ill miss that. I didnt get to know him that well during my short stay here but he was always helpful with everyone and had passion or the team.

Everyone is playing well. Two great lines which are both producing. A balanced team on all accounts.

I'd bet he always had the skill for it. Maybe the will wasn't there last season or wasn't feeling the chemistry like in Saskatoon.

Important. You wanna win? You'll need one.

I don't think he'll come in guns blazing, but he will be a solid addition.

Huge. Bowman can win us games and make big saves when we need him most.

I don't think I've been part of the organization for long enough, but what I can say is that Ferk was a great guy.

On 3/31/2021 at 8:53 PM, Doomsday said:

1. I think despite not having say a 250 tpe forward, we have really good chemistry and a tight locker room

2. Work his @$$ off, there's nothing much else too it

3. It is a real privilege having a player like Tavau on your team. He gets it to you no matter the situation

4. I remember when I signed and played my five games, and it was eye opening. I'm glad Max has longer than I did to adapt

5. He is the backbone of our squad, no doubt. He keeps us in plenty of games

6. I just think Ferk has done a really good job being supportive and pushing us and motivating us. it was a pleasure to play under you.

1. It's hard to believe, but the season is already half over! Saskatoon sits in second place overall with 60 points. What expectations do you have for this team the rest of the way?

2. Mississauga is leading the VHLM with an insane 78 points, with just three losses. The Season 69 (nice) Saskatoon Wild have the best record in VHLM history, going 68-4 on their way to a Founder's Cup. Do the Hounds have a real shot of doing something similar?

3. Who's the most underrated member of this team?

4. A lot of VHL members can't seem to agree on what exactly the Saskatoon Wild's logo actually is. What's your opinion on what it is?

5. What's your favorite sport to play or watch outside of hockey?

6. What do you think is your most important goal as a VHLM/VHL player?

2 minutes ago, Doomsday said:

1. It's hard to believe, but the season is already half over! Saskatoon sits in second place overall with 60 points. What expectations do you have for this team the rest of the way?

2. Mississauga is leading the VHLM with an insane 78 points, with just three losses. The Season 69 (nice) Saskatoon Wild have the best record in VHLM history, going 68-4 on their way to a Founder's Cup. Do the Hounds have a real shot of doing something similar?

4. A lot of VHL members can't seem to agree on what exactly the Saskatoon Wild's logo actually is. What's your opinion on what it is?

1. I think we are strong enough to get 1st seed this playoffs

2. They will get to the founders cup but they will see a great challenger there

3. I think Tanky. Tanky just gets penalties and hits but if Tanky keeps the opponents off their feet then we can score

4. I think of it as a coyote with a fur deformity since I just get ALOT of coyotes where I live

5. I LOVE FOOTBALL

6. To support a team, but not take others spotlight 

Keep second place and make a playoff run to championship.

They will mess it up in the last few games. They won't break the record.

Tanky with his 187 hits.

I'm on board with aforomentioned lot of VHL members. My best guess would be some angry kitty.

Football, and I mean the proper football not the fake american eggball.

Support Davos in the best of my ability. And down the road, win a cup with Davos.

10 hours ago, Doomsday said:

I think we're going to keep up with the current pace. I wanted to challenge Mississauga for top of the league standings but there pretty untouchable right now so i'll settle for 2nd.

Well If they don't lose another game they can even beat the record. They're playing so well right now that they just might have a shot at beating the record.

Bowman, we've been in the top 3 in least amount of goals allowed all season long and that's thanks to Bowman as he's being solid. 

To me it's a mongoose fueled by cocaine.

I don't really watch any other sport on tv. But I am a pretty badass waterskier. 

Be the best faceoff man in the league

18 hours ago, Doomsday said:

1. I feel like our improvement over the year has given us the confidence to succeed and get first place

2. I don't think so. They would only be allowed to lose one game down the stretch.

3. David Tavau to be honest, because I just made him a signature so that should boost his stats

4. I think it's a type of fox, maybe a dessert fox?

5. I love Football and also love Baseball

6. To succeed as a team and have a great career in the pros

1. The big news this week out of Saskatoon was getting three big wins over the first place Mississauga Hounds, whose lead is now 11 points with 14 games to play. What have those wins meant to the team?

2. As the season winds down, it seems as if the Wild are playing their best hockey right now. What do you guys need to do to keep that going into the playoffs?

3. In your opinion, what's the hardest thing to do in hockey?

4. If you could add any player in the VHLM to our roster, who would it be?

5. What's your go-to sandwich?

6. Are you riding Dogecoin to the moon?

7 hours ago, Doomsday said:

1. The big news this week out of Saskatoon was getting three big wins over the first place Mississauga Hounds, whose lead is now 11 points with 14 games to play. What have those wins meant to the team?

2. As the season winds down, it seems as if the Wild are playing their best hockey right now. What do you guys need to do to keep that going into the playoffs?

1. It has really raised our morale (At least mine)

2. Just keep looking for ways to help the team is what I need to do

3. From personal experience seeing the ice the same ways as my teamates, I see more goal scoring opportunities but people dont take it  

4. I wouldn't add anyone we are good as we are

5. Go-to Traditional Ham/Chicken with sweet rolls/normal bread Backup Peanut Butter and Banana sandwitch (It sounds gross but I  love it) or lunch meet with same bread choices

6. Im not old enough to invest, though I am planning on opening a business 

Big. Shows the rest of the league what we already knew, we can beat the "big bad" mississauga.

don't get complacent, keep the spirits high.

tough question, maybe staying consistent over the many seasons, especially when your old and slow (regression)

not sure, a fifth defenseman probably. someone good at defense.

rye bread.

nah. not worth the money.

On 4/16/2021 at 8:28 PM, Doomsday said:

1. They're definitely massive wins, and it shows that they're not invincible.

2. I think just keep playing the way we're playing, not getting ahead of ourselves

3. In kind of a funny way, the Michigan move. Can't do it.

4. Maybe a Ranogajec or Tipton so shore up our defense

5. Ham and cheese is sooooo good

6. Ah, I don't know much about investing. Dogecoin seems fun.

On 4/16/2021 at 8:28 PM, Doomsday said:

We actually got ourselves a fourth on today! Hey it feels great, the Hounds are regarded as the top team right now and were showing them that were in the same league and we can not only compete with them but defeat them.

All we need to do is keep doing the small things right. Do good things and good things will follow. We gotta stay focused and not let off the gas or get complacent.

Bringing your A game every game.  Consistency is the hardest thing the acheive in hockey and you want to try to especially limit the amount of off days where your just not feeling it.

James Bourque, for personal reasons. I know he's gotten himself in trouble but I believe everyone deserved another chance. 

sweet onion Chicken teriyaki

I'm not sure what your asking me here

On 4/16/2021 at 9:28 PM, Doomsday said:

1. Hounds suck, sorry Hounds. How does it feel the worst player in the league scored on you twice??

2. Everyone else keeps scoring while I keep hitting. Same as always.

3. Score goals, never been good at it.

4. Hulk Hogan. Sure deprecation has probably hit him hard but he's a great player and HOF worthy.

5. Always gotta be a knuckle sandwich brother. Give it to em when they least expect it.

6. I WAS ON DOGECOIN AT .0023 CENTS USD BROTHER. NOW ITS .40 USD AND THATS  A HUGE INCREASE. ALMOST AS HUGE AS THESE 23 INCH PYTHONS AND AS HUGE AS MY HUGE HITS ON THE OPEN ICE BROTHER

Pressers

1. How excited are you to play our first playoff game?

2. Is there a specific player on the Bulls that we should target?

3. Who do you think will score our first playoff goal?

4. Bowman has shutout the Bulls 3 times during the season, can he do it again?

5. Do you have any pre game rituals that you'd like to share?

6. How many hits do you think Tanky will get in the opening round?

I'm excited to make a deep playoff run and win the cup!

Willy Myers. I don't think I'm alone when I say he's their most dangerous player.

A safe bet to toss a coin between Montana and Mackenzie. Either of those two.

He'll do it again, no doubt. 28 saves to go with the shutout.

Not really, same routine, nothing special about it and the same food same time every gameday.

He'll be busy all series and gets 37 hits.

On 4/25/2021 at 10:15 PM, Seabass said:

Pressers

1. I am so excited! VHLM playoffs baby, nothing like it

2. No, because then you pull focus from the overall picture and some other playoff hero comes in and steals the limelight

3. Probably Caldwell and then we will go silent all playoff long...but hopefully not

4. I think he will get one more but the playoffs are so tough so it's extra challenging to pull that off

5. I usually pour ice cold water on my head and then grab a towel, helps my nerves go and get ready for the intensity

6. I think about 27 in the first round to be exact.

On 4/26/2021 at 12:15 AM, Seabass said:

Pressers

I am very hyped

I dont know players on Houston

Duncan Montana 

Yes

I have to watch sports the night before

Duncan 

On 4/26/2021 at 1:15 AM, Seabass said:

Pressers

1. I am beyond excited

2. All of them

3. Duncan Montana i think as well

4. I dont see why not

5. I watch film about an hour before the game

6. 9

Well, it's already passed now, but I was super excited.

Nope. If you think you're the best player, then show it. We don't need to decide for you.

Me, hopefully. Did I?

Easy. Keep that momentum going.

Take a deep breath and relax!

100. Why not?

More presser questions 

1. How do you feel about your recent elimination from the VHLM playoffs?

2. What should you guys have done differently in order to get a different result?

3. Are you optimistic for next season? 

4. Do you have any parting words for the players that are leaving?

5. The WJC GMs have been announced, are you looking forward to following this year's WJC?

6. Favorite card game, go!

14 hours ago, Seabass said:

More presser questions 

2. What should you guys have done differently in order to get a different result?

5. The WJC GMs have been announced, are you looking forward to following this year's WJC?

1. Kinda sucks, gotta look foreward to the next step though. 

2. Bench me, Tanky shouldn't play on good teams.

3. Next season I go to the vhl, hopefully I smash the competition.

4. Well I'm one of them, just watch out on the ice.

5. I could get picked, it would be pretty nice but I doubt it.

6. Lick up 52

On 5/2/2021 at 7:09 AM, Seabass said:

More presser questions 

1. Well, it sucks, hopefully we can be right back here next season

2. I don't know, we just fell flat against Vegas

3. Yes, whether I end up back in Sasky or in Davos, I have a feeling it'll be fun

4. I guess good luck with your careers

5. Yes, maybe Mackenzie gets picked for team europe

6. Blackjack

Presser Stuff

We have 5 players representing the Wild at this year's WJC, how excited are you for this years WJC?

Did you end up signing up for this year's Victory Pro Am Tournament and if so how do you feel about your team?

Which do you prefer? Cake or Ice Cream?

How excited are you for the S78 VHL Draft?

Where do you see the Wild going next year?