Saskatoon Wild Press Conference

a_Ferk

On 9/21/2022 at 2:06 AM, Bulduray_1 said:

Press Conference:
Answer these six questions for 6 TPE

1. It’s been a tough battle in the western conference, which team seems to be the biggest thorn in our side?

2. What is one thing we have to do if we want to win games?

3. What’s one thing that has surprised

you so far in the VHLM season?

4. Best part of being with Saskatoon?

5. What’s favourite NHL team?

6. If hockey wasn’t an option, which sport would your player play?

@Battlepopcorn @nikkisixx089 @Oli-La-Poutine@Joe Biden@JahCartier@Ripper @ThatCanadian @Triller

1. Houston Bulls

2. Beat Houston?

3. I joined half way through.

4. It's a good team with good people.

5. Maple Leafs

6. Baseball

1. It’s been a tough battle in the western conference, which team seems to be the biggest thorn in our side?

Hate to do this but I've got to give prop to Las Vegas. But I'm pretty confident we will beat them where it counts.

2. What is one thing we have to do if we want to win games?

Stay consistent, get those tp and remember our roles.

3. What’s one thing that has surprised

you so far in the VHLM season?

Me, being a top scorer after an awful Jst tournament. I'm having a hell of a season!

4. Best part of being with Saskatoon?

Our team got some sweet graphix/gif making talent! Always cool to see wait they will come out with.

5. What’s favourite NHL team?

The Habs

6. If hockey wasn’t an option, which sport would your player play?

I do boxing and volleyball

Press Conference:

1. Reno Reinhold is now on our team! How does this help the Wild?

2. Since half of the season is past us by now, it's time to check in again. Is your player performing up to the standards that you expected?

3.Western Conference playoff race has been pretty close so far, who do you think will fall to last place when it's all said and done?

4. What is one thing that hockey has taught you?

5. What's your favorite chocolate?

6. Does your player believe in superstitions? 

@Battlepopcorn @nikkisixx089 @Oli-La-Poutine@Joe Biden@Ripper @ThatCanadian @Triller @Reno

Edited by Bulduray_1

57 minutes ago, Bulduray_1 said:

Press Conference:

1. Reno Reinhold is now on our team! How does this help the Wild?

2. Since half of the season is past us by now, it's time to check in again. Is your player performing up to the standards that you expected?

3. Eastern Conference playoff race has been pretty close so far, who do you think will fall to last place when it's all said and done?

4. What is one thing that hockey has taught you?

5. What's your favorite chocolate?

6. Does your player believe in superstitions? 

@Battlepopcorn @nikkisixx089 @Oli-La-Poutine@Joe Biden@Ripper @ThatCanadian @Triller @Reno

1. We have been getting scored on quite a bit and since most of our players are goal focused, our back-check is likely lacking so bringing on a solid D-man should alleviate that for sure!  The push starts now!

2. As far as I can tell, Leonard is doing alright!  First player I've made and he currently isn't as focused on goals as the others but hopefully that playmaker role has room in the sims for a player not just trying to top out in goals but who loves to set up his teammates.

3. The Hounds? lol  I am guessing the Reapers.  It really is a toss up between them and the 21st but those OT losses might make the difference.  Not winning those close ones add up.

4. Teamwork and being happy for someone else success.  You don't always need to be seen as the best and you won't always be seen as the best.  The spotlight will shine on someone else and as a good teammate, you celebrate with them.  Their success is the teams success.  Keep your ego in check.

5. Caramilk or Reese Peanut Butter Cups!

6. Leonard Triller doesn't believe in superstitions.  Life makes unexpected turns and you need to be able to roll with the punches.  If tying your right skate before your left causes you to have a bad game, you may be blaming the wrong thing and won't improve.

6 minutes ago, Triller said:

3. The Hounds? lol  I am guessing the Reapers.  It really is a toss up between them and the 21st but those OT losses might make the difference.  Not winning those close ones add up.

Lol. Meant Western Conference, my bad.

• 2 weeks later...

Press Conference:
Answer these six questions for 6 TPE!

1. Who is the biggest competitor in the playoffs coming from the Eastern  Conference?

2. What animal does your player resemble?

3. Which player on the Wild do you think is our MVP?

4. NHL preseason has started! Any early cup favourites?

5. What percentage of hockey is physical and what percentage is mental?

6. Favourite restaurant?

2 hours ago, Bulduray_1 said:

Press Conference:

1. Who is the biggest competitor in the playoffs coming from the Eastern  Conference?

2. What animal does your player resemble?

3. Which player on the Wild do you think is our MVP?

4. NHL preseason has started! Any early cup favourites?

5. What percentage of hockey is physical and what percentage is mental?

6. Favourite restaurant?

1.  Ottawa Lynx.  Looks like with an almost full roster they will be a threat.  Not sure why so many players signed there though.

2.  Leonard is shaping up to be a Power Forward with a flair for hits and assists.  I would say, Hyena.  Not the king of the jungle but an important park of the ecosystem who can still throw its weight around.

3.  I would have to go with Alexander Minion.  Taking on the full weight of that position without backup is amazing.  We have some big point players but they can feed off each other.  Defensive forwards aren't very prominent in the league it seems so there is less help on the backend.

4.  The Oilers all the way!  They have the pieces and they really need to put it all together in the next 3 years.

5.  80% mental, 20% physical.  Most of the physical aspect takes a lot of mental stability.  Being able to push forward and dedicate yourself to reach that physical peak is purely a mind game.

6.  McDonald's, I am a cheap date!

Press Conference:

1. Although we only have two games, playoff seeding can still shake up quite a bit. Which team do you want to face in the first round?

2. What’s one thing we have to focus on if we want to have a successful playoffs?

3. Is there any team you don’t want to face? If so, why?

4. What’s the best part about playoff hockey?

5. Are you a morning bird or a night owl?

6. Would you rather have summer all year round, or winter all year round?

@Battlepopcorn @nikkisixx089 @Oli-La-Poutine@Joe Biden@Ripper @ThatCanadian @Triller @Reno@woog

I have just arrived fresh from deserts of Africa where I learn to skate by skipping down dunes in old socks with expensive ice cubes tape down on them. Then fly to Canada and mush mush mush behind husky dogs to Saskatoon to learn Canada culture. I know nothing of other teams. I know nothing of teammates. We beat everybody because coach say so. Next question. 

For me, everything is skating. I am still getting used to hockey on actual ice. No ice in Mali. 

i no want to face Saskatoon. When you face yourself, is when lose happen. You gave any one else, is when win happen. 

I don’t know. Explain this. What is mean by “play off”? Are we not trying to “play on”? Is this a Canada English thing?

i am bird. Bird fly high like aeroplane that bring me to Canada for hockey on ice. I want be best ice hockey player in all Mali, all Africa. I know not owl. What is owl?

I hear in Canada summer never comes. Clocks shift to move time twice a year so always winter. But is ok, always winter good for always hockey with ice. With ice but mix ice cube taped to old socks. 

3 hours ago, Bulduray_1 said:

Press Conference:

1. Although we only have two games, playoff seeding can still shake up quite a bit. Which team do you want to face in the first round?

2. What’s one thing we have to focus on if we want to have a successful playoffs?

3. Is there any team you don’t want to face? If so, why?

4. What’s the best part about playoff hockey?

5. Are you a morning bird or a night owl?

6. Would you rather have summer all year round, or winter all year round?

@Battlepopcorn @nikkisixx089 @Oli-La-Poutine@Joe Biden@Ripper @ThatCanadian @Triller @Reno@woog

1.  To be honest, I do not know how the playoffs work in the VHLM!  If the conference's are combined and high plays low, I am gonna go with Ottawa.  I think it would be a big challenge but a do-able one.

2.  Defense.  More concern for our +/-.  In a league where most just look at goals, if we can shut some players down, it would make a big impact.

3.  The Aces.  The loaded up their roster and have been rolling heavy.  Would be nice to be the team that stops their run though!

4.  Regular season goes out the window.  You get to see who stands up under pressure and can win when it counts.  Do or die!

5.  I'm a morning guy.  Night was for when I was young.

6.  Summer for sure!  Where I live you don't get outdoor rinks most of the time anyways and without the dark tan, I can only be tall and handsome!

Edited by Triller

• 4 weeks later...

Answer these 6 questions for 2 TPE!

1. You finally end up in Saskatoon… What are your first impressions of the city? If you are a returning player, how does it feel to be brought back to Saskatoon?

2. What are some expectations you have for your player?

3. What are you looking forward to this season?

4. What is one particular skill your player excels at?

5. The NHL has started back up! Which team do you have winning it all?

6. Favourite ice cream flavour?

@Markusbg@Ziggy Dupree@Battlepopcorn @dart @nikkisixx089 @Oli-La-Poutine @TheLastOlympian07 @qripll @Tyler @tylerwest @Joe Biden @I'll change this later @Kylrad @Astalabohame

I think saskatoon is a beautiful city but it is significantly smaller than my old teams city of san diego.

I expect at least 80 points this season.

I am looking forward to the quality of play that my wingers will have.

My player is unselfish and will pass when needed but can also put it in himself.

I sadly think that the bruins have the best chance especially after the start of this season.

I like mint chocolate chip because it can be a standalone flavor but improves with the right toppings.

1. It was a long plane ride to finally arrive in Saskatoon but I find the city charming. Quite a bit larger than my last stop in USHL's Muskegon, MI. Can't wait to explore more and find my footing in a new place.

2. I expect some growing pains my first year in a new league, but I think I'll be able to make the adjustment and hopefully make the fans cheer for their hometown Wild.

3. I'm looking forward to my first professional point in the VHLM. It will be a major milestone in my career!

4. I excel at playmaking on the offensive end and being a defensive stalwart on the back end. Killing penalties and getting apples, maybe banging in the occasional goal.

5. As much as I hate to say it, I think the Bruins are going to take it with their bulletproof start. I think the Devils will hang in there but fade later in the year due to a little inexperience.

6. I have to say the Lemon Ice Cream at Tyler's down in Florida. Shout out to Tyler!

1. You finally end up in Saskatoon… What are your first impressions of the city? If you are a returning player, how does it feel to be brought back to Saskatoon?

It's my first days being here and still it appeals to me a lot. Great place with even greater team!

2. What are some expectations you have for your player?

Captaincy, personal awards and the cup! Nothing else

3. What are you looking forward to this season?

This season takes some time to adjust to changes however i truly believe Trunov will find his best game in Saskatoon

4. What is one particular skill your player excels at?

Creativity. Trunov is probably one of the most skilled forward of his draft class and he needs prove the league

5. The NHL has started back up! Which team do you have winning it all?

St.Louis is repeating his legendary "basement-cup" path. They are doing it again

6. Favourite ice cream flavour?

Chocolate one 

1. The very first games have been played! How hyped was your player to play their very first game in Sasky colors?

2. First few games have been rough, what can we do to bounce back?

3. Which team looks to be our biggest rival this season?

4. How did your player grow up to love hockey?

5.  What's your favorite VHL/E/M logo?

6. What's the best breakfast food?

@Markusbg@Ziggy Dupree@Battlepopcorn @dart @nikkisixx089  @TheLastOlympian07 @qripll @Tyler   @Kylrad @Astalabohame

1. The very first games have been played! How hyped was your player to play their very first game in Sasky colors?

Trunov had a great debut game with 2+1 , unfortunately the team lost the game but it's still a nice memory for me

Gotta improve our offensive game. We shoot a lot but do not take an advanatage of that 

I would love to see some kind of a rival with San Diego Marlins. They had a nice core with a newblood coming here

That is an interesting question. Ya's brother had a wonderful career and won the Continental Cup as a predators captian. He has always been a role model for Yaroslav

I would say D.C. Dragons cause it is pretty easy to swap for the graphics but.... Malmo Nighthawks is an easy choice

Something like toasts with cheese 

4 hours ago, Bulduray_1 said:

Zechariah was pretty excited. He was able to score a goal. Yes we lost but was still pretty exciting

We get a lot of shots off but got to work on them going in 

3. Which team looks to be our biggest rival this 

Houston Bulls. We so far have put up similar numbers 

Zechariah started watching Hockey with his dad when he was really young and just feel in love with the game 

I really like the Stockholm Vikings because I’m a big fan of Vikings and think it looks cool

It has to be bacon. You can add it to some many things to make them better 

@Markusbg@Ziggy Dupree@Battlepopcorn @dart @nikkisixx089  @TheLastOlympian07 @qripll @Tyler   @Kylrad @Astalabohame

On 11/16/2022 at 12:35 PM, Bulduray_1 said:

I was super pumped to don the hallowed Saskatoon Wild Jersey and have an opportunity prove myself in the minor leagues. I want to keep it going and hopefully see more W's coming our way in the near future.

It looks like we've been getting the shots on net, but we need to work on getting better scoring opportunities and getting more of those pucks in the net. Getting better in our end is also a top priority as we have the league's worst goal differential.

I think we will duke it out all season with Mexico City. We are only 2 points back in the standings and with the shots we've been getting coupled with their 27 goals allowed on the season, we will be in for some great games.

Watching the early 2000's Detroit Red Wings teams loaded with HOF players and studying how they played with flair and poise was a revelation. I'm still waiting for Sergei Fedorov to take me up on the invite to my 5th birthday party...

I've got to go with the Calgary Wranglers or London United. I love London's nod to its football history and the iconic crests of EFL.

Pancakes, maple syrup, sausage, poached eggs, toast. Boom.

Answer these 6 questions for 2 TPE!

1. First twenty games of the season have been played! How do you feel about your player’s performance 

2. Is there any current or former VHL player that you idolize?

3. What is the hardest thing to master in hockey?

4. What is your go-to spot to eat before a game?

5. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?

6. Gatorade or Powerade?

@Markusbg @Ziggy Dupree @Battlepopcorn @dart@nikkisixx089  @TheLastOlympian07 @qripll @Tyler   @Kylrad @Astalabohame

@Zechariah

Edited by Bulduray_1

5 hours ago, Bulduray_1 said:

1. First twenty games of the season have been played! How do you feel about your player’s performance 

I have been pleasantly surprised so far love that I have a positive +-. Need to improve my scoring 

Still really new so not yet

Skating backwards with speed to keep up with the attack 

any place that has fish and chips 

has to be Scotland 

6. Gatorade or Powerade?

gatorade all day 

@Markusbg @Ziggy Dupree @Battlepopcorn @dart@nikkisixx089  @TheLastOlympian07 @qripll @Tyler   @Kylrad @Astalabohame

@Zechariah

10 hours ago, Bulduray_1 said:

I've been very satisfied with my performance so far. Almost a point-per-game pace through the first 20 games. That's my goal for the year, is to be at PPG pace.

Brett Slobodzian was a hero growing up. He was the first winger that caught my eye and made me want to play the position.

The feel of playing with your teammates. It's what takes the longest actually, but when you know what your teammates will do before they do it, your team can be truly deadly. 

The Rook and Raven is a Saskatoon staple. Great selection and puts me in a great mind space going to the arena.

Japan would be a dream. Looks very beautiful and peaceful in the country.

6. Gatorade or Powerade?

Gatorade all day

Trunov's been on fire! I hope he will help the team to hop on the playoffs

Bogdan Trunov is that type of player who might be an idol for somobody

IQ. You must try harder to improve that aspect on top level

I prefer eating at home. To be honest I don't visit foud-courts frequently

I would love to see Antarctica. I'm pretty strange, aren't I? 

6. Gatorade or Powerade?
Powerade for sure 

Saskatoon Wild Press Conference

1. What’s something that you enjoy about the VHL?

2. Are individual or team awards more important to your player?

3. What song gets you pumped up for a big game?

4.  Have you been watching the FIFA World Cup? Which country are you predicting to win it all?

5. Is it more important to focus on defense or offense when building a team?

6. What’s a weird food combo that surprisingly works well together?

@Markusbg@Ziggy Dupree@Battlepopcorn@nikkisixx089 @qripll @Tyler   @Kylrad@Astalabohame

@Zechariah

On 11/30/2022 at 7:57 PM, Bulduray_1 said:

Saskatoon Wild Press Conference

I am enjoying to watch my player keep getting better 

Team. The team is always the most important thing

Till I Collapse

4.  Have you been watching the FIFA World Cup? Which country are you predicting to win it all?

Of course big fan. I think England takes it all 

I have always been a big defense kind of guy 

I don't really have any. Maybe grilled cheese and hot sauce 

@Markusbg@Ziggy Dupree@Battlepopcorn@nikkisixx089 @qripll @Tyler   @Kylrad@Astalabohame

@Zechariah

Community. The whole league is about being a guy who can can rely on every dude here

Team awards are much more valuable. No doubt

I would love to start my game with some motivation music you know

4. Have you been watching the FIFA World Cup? Which country are you predicting to win it all?

Yeah I watched a few games and I'm super hyped for Morocco

Defense wins championships. Not even a debate

Apple and candy kekw