Saskatoon Wild Press Conference

a_Ferk

On 12/8/2020 at 11:20 PM, a_Ferk said:

1. Vericel and Eso have been our best players all season, but who do you think has been the most underrated?

2. If you could update a VHLM team's logo, which one would you choose?

3. Individually, how well do you think your player has done so far?

4. Florent Vericel is on pace to be the second straight league leader in points for us. Think he can do it?

Christmas themed questions:

5. What is your favorite Christmas song?

6. Have any gifts you're really hoping for this year?

1. Probably coochiman. Weiner is our best natural Center and he's the only one consistently above .500 on draws.

2. San Diego.

3. Well below average. I'm at a 30-14-2 record but my save% is ass and my goals against is worse. :(

4. yeee

5. I don't know lol

6. The gift of ganja baby!

On 12/9/2020 at 5:42 PM, Suzuki14 said:

Press conference for the week ending December 13th

1. Vericel and Eso have been our best players all season, but who do you think has been the most underrated?

I guess ill find out at practice 😮 

San Diego :barf

Decent

4. Florent Vericel is on pace to be the second straight league leader in points for us. Think he can do it?

Oh ya 

Silent Night

Time with my love 

• Commissioner

Me?, only thing that's been said is that i'm "likely" to go 2nd overall in the draft. 

Minnesota's, it's kind of plain. They're due for a refresh but it's not my call.

Decent, wish he had more goals but oh well.

Depends , if SSK is going for it he can. If not then probably not. 

None of them, they all are garbage. 

For people to leave me alone? Like this one guy @MexicanCow123 he's the worst. 

Edited by Acydburn

SPECIAL DOOMS EDITION PRESSER

1. As the season winds down, Saskatoon has not officially clinched a playoff berth, but seems to be a lock for the post-season. Where do you see the Wild finishing the regular season at in the standings?

2. After being ranked 5th in the VHLM in producing top VHL talent, Saskatoon currently has three prospects (Battre Sandstrom, Lenny Sanderson, and Brian Moreau) in the Top 25 prospects of the Season 76 Pre-Draft Rankings. Where do you see them going in the S76 VHL Entry Draft?

3. Do you think there are any other Saskatoon players capable of making their mark as a top prospect?

4. Florent Vericel is the first VHLM player this season to crack 100 points this season, and he still has ten games left to play. How many points does he finish with, and does anyone have a prayer of catching him?

5. What has been your favorite moment so far this season?

6. With the World Junior Championships approaching, which country's national anthem is your favorite?

49 minutes ago, Doomsday said:

1. As the season winds down, Saskatoon has not officially clinched a playoff berth, but seems to be a lock for the post-season. Where do you see the Wild finishing the regular season at in the standings?

2. After being ranked 5th in the VHLM in producing top VHL talent, Saskatoon currently has three prospects (Battre Sandstrom, Lenny Sanderson, and Brian Moreau) in the Top 25 prospects of the Season 76 Pre-Draft Rankings. Where do you see them going in the S76 VHL Entry Draft?

3. Do you think there are any other Saskatoon players capable of making their mark as a top prospect?

4. Florent Vericel is the first VHLM player this season to crack 100 points this season, and he still has ten games left to play. How many points does he finish with, and does anyone have a prayer of catching him?

6. With the World Junior Championships approaching, which country's national anthem is your favorite?

1.I think we will finish #2 or #3 in our conference ! 

2. As one of these player I hope we will all be in the top 25 in the draft ! Me and my two teammates work really hard to be there ! And our gm help us to be better players !

3. I think yes we have recruited new players in the last week and I think they can help the team and maybe be a good prospect ! 

4. I think he will be able to have 120 points ! It will be awesome if he did it ! He is a good player and a good teammate, he deserve it ! 

5. my first goal of the season ! I have work so hard to be a better player and when I score my first goal i was so happy ! 

6.I am Canadian so my favorite country is the Canada, they have many good players that can make the difference!  

1 hour ago, Doomsday said:

1. Being a new player just entering the league I am unsure where we are in the standing currently, I am interested in meeting the team and seeing how I can contribute to the team as a whole.                 2. Again I am kind of new to how things work in the league, I wish them luck in clinching top spots in the draft. 3. I am hoping to enjoy my time here in #SaskyBois, maybe I’ll be one of them!  4. Florent vermicel seems to be a force to be second with, well done mate!                            
5. For me it was getting signed by the Saskatoon Wild as a goalie, I am really looking forward to development and growth with the team!

6. I’m a Canadian boy, need I say more?

5 hours ago, Doomsday said:

1. I would like to see 2nd in our conference

2. I'd like to go in the first round, I think Battre will go top 3 picks, and Moreau I don't really know

3. Willy Myers has been promising so far

4. Fertitta may catch him, but I don't think he will. I think 120 points is possible

5. Joining the Wild, becoming part of a team

6. I only really know the Canadian national anthem. But if this counts, I thought the song they played in Czechia when someone got a penalty was funny

On 12/15/2020 at 9:48 AM, Doomsday said:

1. I don't really scoreboard watch very much, but we're close enough to the end of the season that I doubt the standings are going to change very much. The Wild finish 3rd in our conference, 4th overall in the league.

2. Based on recent performance, I have to assume Sandstrom is going to go super high. I don't know much about the draft class, but is he in the 1st overall conversation?

3. There's always guys coming in who may or may not have a drop or a bump in earnings that could change their future outlook.

4. No one has a shot at catching him, and I think he'll finish at 120, give or take.

5. There were a couple of games, early in the season when we didn't have a ton of depth, where myself, Vericel, and Foles/Hunter would have dominant games where we'd each put up 5 points, that was a good time.

6. This is almost sacrilege as a Canadian, but I've always thought that the United States have a banger of an anthem. I don't know the European ones too well other than Russia.

On 11/7/2020 at 5:44 PM, a_Ferk said:

I decided that it was time to start a brand new Presser thread.

In other news, it looks like we're in for a rough week in Saskatchewan. This isn't even as bad as my area's forecast, we are supposed to get 50 cm. That is approximately 20 inches.

Reveal hidden contents

Send help lol

5zhI3DH.png

1. With golf out of the question due to the weather, how have you been spending the offseason?

playing hockey....

2. 8th seeded Miami was able to defy the odds and take home the Founder's Cup. What do you think was their key to success?

Their chemistry y100%

3. Are you excited for the VHLM draft? Who do you think goes first overall?

OFCOURSE, cant wait to get more playing time to show the GMs what ive got and hopefuly get atleast 1 interview

4. Who will you be cheering for in the offseason's World Cup?

CANADA

5. What video games have you been playing recently?

NBA 2K21

6. Who do you think wins in a fight, Steve Eso or Alex Zouzouambe?

ZOUZOUAMBE??? :o

On 12/15/2020 at 1:48 PM, Doomsday said:

Top 5.

First rounders for sure.

I'm not too sure. Most of us are already drafted and will be leaving to the VHL after this season.

120 and no.

Our 10 game winning streak and absolute fun we've been having as a team.

CANADA BABY WOOH.

On 12/15/2020 at 12:48 PM, Doomsday said:

1 I think it is possible for us to come 2nd conference 3rd league

2 I see all of them going top three rounds.

3 Top prospects I don’t think so but it’s possible.

4 I’m thinking 125 points

5 Being drafted by Helsinki 

6 Honestly only actually know canada’s So Canada I guess

1. I think we got 4th locked up.

2. I'm not good with that stuff but I think New York and Malmo.

3. Yeee

4. No one catching my boy. 110.

5. Our wins versus Mexico. Good to do well versus good teams.

6. USSR

7th

Uhm clearly the Top25 Prospects List had to  have had an error forgetting about me ? 

Obviously those 3 are going to be VHL STARS , BUT  uhm seriously , Willy Myers

Noone has a chance at catching him 

Playing my first VHLM games 

Canada/USa

• Commissioner

Probably second round, I think they can make it at least past the first. 

First Round and Two second or maybe third rounds. 

Not sure to be honest, could be anyone on the team. They're all pretty confident and capable. 

Well this is a bit late, he'll end 114 points for the season.  He did well on the season but Brian Strong Jr. finished with 124. 

Probably being the underdog and proving to everyone that we can actually win. 

Probably Europe, I think I would end up playing for them so I wouldn't mind hearing it a few times. 

Press conference for week ending January 3rd.

1. Have you been watching the World Juniors lately? If so, who are you cheering for?

2. What was the best gift you got for Christmas?

3. What kind of food did you eat for the holidays?

4. How satisfied have you been with your player's performance recently?

5. What do you think of Chicago's big upset (and sweep) of Seattle in the VHL?

6. Assistant GM a_Ferk went MIA with the presser last week. Where did he go?

Just now, a_Ferk said:

1. Have you been watching the World Juniors lately? If so, who are you cheering for?

1. Yes ! I want that the Canada win abs I think they can do it ! 

2. Many things to play hockey at home during were confined ! 

3. All the good things I love 

4. I’m pretty happy I’m at 2 goals in playoffs now with a game winning goal in the game 5 to keep alive so I’m pretty happy and I hope I will be able to help the team ! 

5. I don’t really watch the VHL news now, i just watch all the things for our playoffs in the VHLM and I try to have a better player ! 

6. I don’t really heard of that .. 

7 minutes ago, a_Ferk said:

Can't watch them but have been keeping an eye on the scores. I'm cheering for Canada!

Time with my family.

Turkey, cranberry sauce, stuffing, candied yams, veggies and my Mom's Christmas pudding.

Well, seeing how I just signed on and am only playing 2-3 minutes a game I don't have much of a sample size to gauge.

I don't think it was a big upset. Only two points separated them in the standings. Chicago won each game by one goal so it was close. They got the goals and stops when it mattered most. Good job by them.

Drunk on rum and egg nog either to drown his sorrows after Seattle's loss or celebrate the Wild's playoff berth.

I haven't really paid any attention, probably because I'm not participating this year. Which is rather unfortunate because I definitely think I could help either Team Europe or Team World, whichever I qualify for. But let's see if the GMs of either teams know what they're doing. 

Tough call. I'd say that the long-sleeve Daddysaurus t-shirt I got from my finance was kinda cool because my daughter and I have that bond over playing with Dinosaurs and roleplaying as T-Rexes. Looking forward to wearing that shirt out. 

An oven-roasted chicken along with baked potato, a delicious chickpea salad and uh... a pretty good apple pie. You know, the works. Definitely put me into a food coma that night. 

I think I'm doing okay. In terms of TPE, I'm probably on the lower end of the spectrum so that's okay. I'm just preparing myself as much as possible for next season. 

That happened? Wow. Isn't Seattle supposed to be good or something? Didn't Chicago come into the league as an expansion team recently? Man I need to get up to speed on stuff. 

Probably on a drinking/smoking spree in Amsterdam. Glad to know he's back and in one piece though. 

16 hours ago, a_Ferk said:

1. Yes I've been watching it, because I want every bit of hockey I can get right now. I'm not really cheering for anyone to be honest. I love rooting for underdogs, but they mostly get squashed from a team like USA or Canada.

2. I got a new stick which was pretty neat. My old stick was starting to get really worn out, so I'm happy to have something new in my hands instead. 

3. The standard food to be honest. Things like turkey and all that. But I did eat most of the mashed potatoes, because those are my jam. 

4. I feel he had a great regular season and is having an even better playoffs. I'm so stoked for how he'll do in the future.

5. As I said I like rooting for underdogs, so It's so fun watching a team come back from almost impossible odds. Nowadays I hate when my team in this league or in the NHL is up 3-0 or 3-1, because it seems like nowadays those leads just go away quickly. 

6. No clue to be honest. 

On 12/29/2020 at 3:24 AM, a_Ferk said:

1 Yes, Tried to watch most games and Canada.

2 I got a Vegas GoldenKnights retro reverse t-shirt

3 All the usual things

4 Not very much at all. I expect him to be point per games but he’s been slumping at 72 52 regular season 5 0 playoffs.

5 Didn’t know that happened. Don’t really have an opinion.

6 Don’t know don’t really care as I just did a personal presser.

GERMANY

Spending time with my girlfriend 

TURKEY

)%

STHS IS BROKE SHOCKED ?

Probably with his family , I hope all is well ❤️ 

1. I don't really watch the world junior stuff. I guess USA cause I'm American but not really into all that.

2. mary jane's the gift that keeps on giving yeeee 

3. We had fish for christmas eve but I mostly drank for Christmas. The fish was good, we had Cod and Salmon.

4. Man my goalie poo. I don't know what I'm supposed to do to improve him. He just poo.

5. I still don't know a lot about the league I know seattle good though. Surprised but hockey alwasy has that upset match that happens so maybe not so shocking. Seattle will rebound though. Chicago whooping up on Calgary too lol

6. Based on the froggy picture he went hoppin in dat good shit lol probably was high and forgot to post it

1. Yes, I’ve been watching the WJC and I’m cheering for Canada 

2. Probably NHL 21

3. I ate some gingerbread cookies, and other Christmas treats

4. Sanderson went on a tear in the playoffs, 10 points in 7 games. That was good

5. That was crazy insane

6. I don’t know

1. I've caught a few games. Cheering for canada

2. A couple good books

3. Mostly just regular stuff 

4. I mean, six games playing almost no games, I can't really say

5. I don't really know about that, but after some research, an underdog victory is cool

6. I don't really know