Kid Frost Lands in Mexico City

TownBizness

Mexico City sports radio station recently conducted an interview with the Mexico City Kings newest forward Kid Frost.  While not much is known about the young player, this blurb has been circulating the around the city in regards to the team investing in such an unknown commodity.

"Look, I know people know nothing about me.  And frankly, I get it.  If I was a fan of a franchise and they drafted someone like myself, I'd be a little skeptical as well.  If I were a Mexico City Kings fan, I'd probably be thinking to myself, what the hell could a kid from the concrete jungle of Compton, California know about ice hockey.  And I'm fine with that assessment.  While I can't exactly say how this journey will end up, Mexico City is getting a consistent, team oriented player who is willing to sacrifice for the greater good of the team."

Frost later spoke briefly about the type of player he is on the frozen pond.

"I'm a competitor.  I'm athletic.  I'm fast.  I'm tough.  And while it may take me a moment to get acclimated to the talent of the league, I know that ultimately I'm going to be a good piece for this franchise as we look to compete for titles.  That's my ultimate goal -- to help this team in any way that I can.

Only time will tell.  But for now there seems to be some optimism surrounding the new rookie.