VSN AUSTRALIA - One and a Half Aussies - It's a Mess

Berocka

13 minutes ago, Peace said:

Tisk, tisk. 

Not even a mention about the LON/TOR trade that brought Toronto 2OA and London two top players in the league. 

(I'm only 15 minutes in though.) 

Watching I See You GIF

Oh they do and they aint very nice :P 

Ah there it is. 

Key thing to remember is Toronto received London's second overall pick -- which we used to select DoktorFunk's Jolly Green Giant -- so break it down this way if it makes more sense:

Hextall wasn't sold because of a lack of interest, people wanted Hextall, but ROOKIE didn't want to waive his NTC because he wants to stay in Toronto. I'm more than happy to oblige, he's been with Toronto his entire career and promised early to stick it out, which is why we gave him a NTC. 

Killinger for 2OA (Jolly Green Giant); DoktorFunk is a capped plus earner (minus this week in order to stay down in the M for another season) and will easily replace Killinger by the time he's depreciating in his seventh or so season. Dok's previous player maintained a high level (800+ TPA) his entire career, and that's more than enough to be effective in STHS, as I strongly believe that anything more is honestly overkill. 

Magnum for a S76 LON first round pick was better than than Warsaw's offer for two different reasons; firstly Warsaw was offering a first round pick in 76, and a second round pick in 77, for Magnum and Toronto's S77 third round pick separately. I was packaging Killinger and Magnum together as I promised Corco when I asked him to waive his NTC, so I kept my promise and sent them to a team I believe can be successful in the EU conference; secondly the S76 LON 1 fits better with the attack plan I have in mind with Toronto -- dedicated spreadsheet and everything -- regardless of Warsaw's position in the standings or draft. 

And then the TOR S77 1 / LON S77 1 was a swap to balance out the price a little and an insurance I won't just retire Killinger as you two were concerned about in the future. I could still do it, but why? If that were my plan it would have made much more sense to keep the TOR 1 and just get more assets but I took the weaker first so I couldn't abuse that system. To answer those concerns I have no intention of dealing back for Killinger in the future or retiring early on McWolf. 

If it were Bana, maybe, but not McWolf.

He's a good dog.

Hope that helps break it down, good sirs. 

If you'd like to talk about it I'd love to join a vhl.com radio podcast if you do those for 3.

@Berocka @dasboot

Edited by Peace

16 minutes ago, Peace said:

Ah there it is. 

Key thing to remember is Toronto received London's second overall pick -- which we used to select DoktorFunk's Jolly Green Giant -- so break it down this way if it makes more sense:

Hextall wasn't sold because of a lack of interest, people wanted Hextall, but ROOKIE didn't want to waive his NTC because he wants to stay in Toronto. I'm more than happy to oblige, he's been with Toronto his entire career and promised early to stick it out, which is why we gave him a NTC. 

Killinger for 2OA (Jolly Green Giant); DoktorFunk is a capped plus earner (minus this week in order to stay down in the M for another season) and will easily replace Killinger by the time he's depreciating in his seventh or so season. Dok's previous player maintained a high level (800+ TPA) his entire career, and that's more than enough to be effective in STHS, as I strongly believe that anything more is honestly overkill. 

Magnum for a S76 LON first round pick was better than than Warsaw's offer for two different reasons; firstly Warsaw was offering a first round pick in 76, and a second round pick in 77, for Magnum and Toronto's S77 third round pick separately. I was packaging Killinger and Magnum together as I promised Corco when I asked him to waive his NTC, so I kept my promise and sent them to a team I believe can be successful in the EU conference; secondly the S76 LON 1 fits better with the attack plan I have in mind with Toronto -- dedicated spreadsheet and everything -- regardless of Warsaw's position in the standings or draft. 

And then the TOR S77 1 / LON S77 1 was a swap to balance out the price a little and an insurance I won't just retire Killinger as you two were concerned about in the future. I could still do it, but why? If that were my plan it would have made much more sense to keep the TOR 1 and just get more assets but I took the weaker first so I couldn't abuse that system. To answer those concerns I have no intention of dealing back for Killinger in the future or retiring early on McWolf. 

If it were Bana, maybe, but not McWolf.

He's a good dog.

Hope that helps break it down, good sirs. 

If you'd like to talk about it I'd love to join a vhl.com radio podcast if you do those for 3.

@Berocka @dasboot

Yeah look, this episode we both went in blind and these were our ideas from doing no research. Looking back I can see both sides of the trade. The retiring of Killinger was just a joke.

1 minute ago, Berocka said:

Yeah look, this episode we both went in blind and these were our ideas from doing no research. Looking back I can see both sides of the trade. The retiring of Killinger was just a joke.

Just covering my ass (ets?)

12 minutes ago, BOOM™ said:

Good afternoon gentlemen. Just wondering if this will be uploaded to Google Podcasts as well.

Kind regards,

Kevin Rudd.

The website we use posts to a lot of different locations, I will check if google podcasts is one of them. I use pocketcasts on android and it plays there

1 hour ago, Berocka said:

The website we use posts to a lot of different locations, I will check if google podcasts is one of them. I use pocketcasts on android and it plays there

Fair enough. It usually does post there, as its where I've grabbed previous episodes. No worries, I'll check the other locations. Thanks.