O N D E S A N D S T R O M

fonziGG

sweden ulic GIF by LPGA

Onde Sandstrom has been reported fleeing back to Sweden with his trophy in excitement. He was photographed entering the airport with the Victory Cup. The entire Vancouver Wolves organization has been extremely upset with him since every player was only to have the trophy for one day. GM Beaviss was questioned about this particular event and but he declined to comment on this particular event.

Onde was reached out and decided to put this out as a comment:

"I sincerely apologize to all the organization, my teammates and all the fans of Vancouver. It seems like there was a misunderstanding due to a language barrier. English is my second language even though we spend a lot of time learning English but sometimes I misunderstand simple mistakes. Anyways, I will fly down in the morning with the trophy and will definitely hand the cup off to Venus next as I think it's her day tomorrow."

Onde also sent out a statement to the Swedish media that was completely different:

"I had decided that one day was not enough time for a player to enjoy in a win like this. Imagine spending your entire life, day in and day out sacrifices for a trophy that we only dreamed about as a kid.... To spend 24 hours with the cup. Give us like a week? I think that would've made some sense. Take photos with the trophy, put my puppy in there.... Something. I mean, I just couldn't believe we got one day and my entire family is currently on holiday in Sweden. How could I celebrate with the people who sacrificed everything for me to be here in order to lift this trophy? I mean, explain that one to me? I don't get it at all. I don't understand the North American traditions? It's okay, I made a mistake for being selfish here and I'll have to live with the consequences.

Onde had a few other things to say about the league:

This league really did push me to my most. I know, coming out of Sweden I was the 2nd best player (according to draft rankings) behind my cousin, @Jtv123, however I recommend more Swedish players to make an influence in this league. I want to see more of this. I want to see Sweden on top of the world with unbelievable talent. Kids, you can become anything and everything you want to be if you're ready to sacrifice and put in the work. I expect to see some of you towards the end of my career. For that, I hope you reach out to me. I want to help show you how beautiful the league is. How much fun it can be but at the same time, show you how much hard work goes into all of this. I want to see us all succeed again. To give back to our communities, to the people who need the most help in any way we can. Lets make Sweden dominant again.

Haha Great Article! That's my boy Onde! Time to follow in my captain's (LVA S73) footsteps and bring my parent team to victory. Good to see my hometown team win! Vancouver has always been Swedish hockey proud. Good to see the sport grow. Easy to read article with added visual. Good read. I'll see you on the ice ;) 10/10