VSN AUSTRALIA - One and a Half Canadians - Episode 5 - The Quiz

Berocka

• Admin
On 11/18/2020 at 12:34 AM, DollarAndADream said:

Maybe I'm a dumb dumb but I don't think I have that option. Can't seem to click anywhere that shows me who voted what.

Devise is getting confused as that is a blue-only power haha. But I also won't out who it was, not in public anyway.

1 hour ago, hedgehog337 said:

poor @boubabi

It's OK, being one of the 4 yes votes and also the person putting up the ballot, he's not going anywhere anyway. :P 

@boubabi I honestly think you'd be in the HoF as Builder if there was a willingness to post it up and make an account of what happened truly. I've said it several times in private, I'm not opposed to you getting in I'm opposed to you getting in without mention of what happened. Given the league takes responsibility itself for the toxic situation that occurred my read on the room with this was more that too much time has passed and the leagues Code of Conduct has changed enough that some don't want to dig this all up or promote it. 

It's also a case that both your positive and negative contributions are equally as noteworthy. Both left large impacts on the league, so you could never include one without the other imo. 

2 minutes ago, Devise said:

@boubabi I honestly think you'd be in the HoF as Builder if there was a willingness to post it up and make an account of what happened truly. I've said it several times in private, I'm not opposed to you getting in I'm opposed to you getting in without mention of what happened. Given the league takes responsibility itself for the toxic situation that occurred my read on the room with this was more that too much time has passed and the leagues Code of Conduct has changed enough that some don't want to dig this all up or promote it. 

It's also a case that both your positive and negative contributions are equally as noteworthy. Both left large impacts on the league, so you could never include one without the other imo. 

Go listen to Higgins podcast if you want my mea culpa, which was genuine. However, this whole things is just proving my point, it doesn't mater what I say and do, people won't change their opinion of me.
Good for them tbf, if it makes them happy to prevent me from entering an online HoF, I'm glad I can help them feel important in a way. I have other shits in mind

1 minute ago, boubabi said:

Go listen to Higgins podcast if you want my mea culpa, which was genuine. However, this whole things is just proving my point, it doesn't mater what I say and do, people won't change their opinion of me.

For me personally it's not about you owning up to something for justification. I listened to the Podcast, I believe what you said was genuine. When I state that I want there to be a full account in the article I mean of the events that occurred. I do not mean for it to be twisted to some blame piece. Again as I stated the league mishandled that entire situation from my view, and it took Sterling ages after coming in to rectify matters. 

My argument for wanting these events accounted for in a Builder article is about transparency regarding a situation much of the current leagues member base has no knowledge of. Given the league no longer tolerates a lot of the things that were the escalating factors for your situation and in general the league situation at the time, it would be hypocritical to just induct you without acknowledging the event in detail. I'd absolutely love to include your genuine mea culpa in that, again I thought it was fine and supported it as a reason to allow you back into the league. I'd love accounts from the Commishes responsible for handling the situation too, and lessons on what people have learned moving forward. But to just go forward and induct without any reference to me is basically the league trying to hide it's shame, because again we did play a hand in the events that happened undoubtedly and your return to the league and the Discord is in itself an admittance of that. 

1 hour ago, Victor said:

Devise is getting confused as that is a blue-only power haha. But I also won't out who it was, not in public anyway.

It's OK, being one of the 4 yes votes and also the person putting up the ballot, he's not going anywhere anyway. :P 

Nah, it's fine. I wasn't hoping for anyone to out themselves. Just some curiosity.

13 minutes ago, Devise said:

For me personally it's not about you owning up to something for justification. I listened to the Podcast, I believe what you said was genuine. When I state that I want there to be a full account in the article I mean of the events that occurred. I do not mean for it to be twisted to some blame piece. Again as I stated the league mishandled that entire situation from my view, and it took Sterling ages after coming in to rectify matters. 

My argument for wanting these events accounted for in a Builder article is about transparency regarding a situation much of the current leagues member base has no knowledge of. Given the league no longer tolerates a lot of the things that were the escalating factors for your situation and in general the league situation at the time, it would be hypocritical to just induct you without acknowledging the event in detail. I'd absolutely love to include your genuine mea culpa in that, again I thought it was fine and supported it as a reason to allow you back into the league. I'd love accounts from the Commishes responsible for handling the situation too, and lessons on what people have learned moving forward. But to just go forward and induct without any reference to me is basically the league trying to hide it's shame, because again we did play a hand in the events that happened undoubtedly and your return to the league and the Discord is in itself an admittance of that. 

The proof that it's accounted is that I'm currently not in. Maybe it's a bad comparaison, but that's also why Roger Clemens isn't in the Hall of Fame or Terrel Owens isn't either. The cheating comparaison (Roger Clemens) isn't really perfect as the whole argument between the integrity of his achievements are in play, but just to put that in perspective, just put my accolades (my contribution to the site and my commitment) and say that Mister X did those, that guy would not only be in as a builder, but he would be praised and maybe even overqualified for it. I'm not tooting my own horn here, I'm just saying that some people have a very selective memory and they either undervalue my contribution, or they put their ego 1st and they are pity about it (which is the most likely). 

Again, the longer I'm out of the HoF as a builder, it just solidifies my initial theory.

Edited by boubabi

• Admin
1 minute ago, boubabi said:

The proof that it's accounted is that I'm currently not in. Maybe it's a bad comparaison, but that's also why Roger Clemens isn't in the Hall of Fame or Terrel Owens isn't either. The cheating comparaison (Roger Clemens) isn't really perfect as the whole argument between the integrity of his achievements are in play, but just to put that in perspective, just put my accolades (my contribution to the site and my commitment) and say that Mister X did those, that guy would not only be in as a builder, but he would be praised and maybe even overqualified for it. I'm not tooting my own horn here, I'm just saying that some people have a very selective memory and they either undervalue my contribution, or they put their ego 1st and they are pity about it (which is the most likely). 

Again, the longer I'm out of the HoF as a builder, it just solidified my initial theory.

Please channel this energy in responding to my PM - I'll put a good spin on it. ;)