40+ goalie win predictions

Greg_Di

It's official: Sweden's Lundqvist is the NHL's best goalie - The Local

We took a break last season but we are back again with the annual prediction article on which goalies might hit the elusive 40 win mark this season

Season 74

Last season we skipped our annual predictions but we will still look  back if any goalies managed to pull of 40 wins. Last season we saw one goalie that managed to pull off an incredible 48 wins and that was the Aiden Shaw and Greg Clegane winner Raymond Bernard. @Mr_Hatter While it was not his best season GAA or Save % wise, he still had a season to remember by almost hitting 50 wins. Entering his final season, many will wonder if he still has what it takes to pull this off again.

Now lets get to our 3 S75 predictions

Jimmy Spyro:  @DarkSpyro

My good friend and ex-teammate Spryo is my first prediction. He had his best season to date as a starter and helped lead Vancouver to his first Continental Cup. Entering his 6th season and having to deal with regression, I still believe he can hit 40 wins for the first time in his career.

Every season Spyro has been improving and I don't see him slowing down. His dedication to the game is always on full display  and he deserves atleast one 40+ win season in his career. Expect him to hit the elusive mark for the first time this season and potentially lead the Wolves to another cup win.

Win Prediction: 42 wins

Reymond Bernard:

Entering his final season and dealing with an aging body and regression, Reymond will be out to prove that he still has what it takes. Raymond has hit the 40+ mark twice in his career and I don’t believe age will slow him down in his last season. He has been training hard and want to end his career with another Continental cup. While I don’t think he will set a career high in wins this season, I do believe he will hit the 40+ mark. Moscow is just to good to not give Bernard one more shot at both hitting 40+ wins and the cup.

Win Prediction: 45 wins

Zamboni Driver: @Tape-to-Tape

This last prediction was tough and a toss up of who could potentially hit the 40+ mark. After going back and forth I settled and the up and coming goalie, Zamboni Driver.

Zamboni had a breakout season last year as his first official season as a starter. With 33 wins this goalie can only improve. He doesn’t have to deal with regression and has a very solid team in front of him. If he continues training and focusing on his game I don’t see why he cant achieve this mark in only his 3rd season in the league.

I predict Zamboni will be on the cusp of hitting this goal this year. It will either be 39 or 40 wins but I am leaning more towards the 40.

Win Prediction: 40 wins

It's sure to be another exciting season for goalies as we see if anyone will hit the mark this season. With 2 veterans and 1 up and comer on this list, it should be an exciting race. There might even be underdogs or surprises as the season goes but that is all to come in an exciting season 75.

We will be back next year to see how our predictions work out!

Edited by Greg_Di

No real surprises in any of these for me. fuck reviews by the way. Fuck them with 10ft cactus with snake venom on it. That said, I'd almost be surprised if Zamboni Driver doesn't get to 40 wins. The team in front of him is for whatever reason still a surprise sleeper team to some. Bernard may take a step back this season but with the team in front of him I doubt it's noticeable. Spyro is king, and should have this season to really steal some games, hopefully he can with a bit of a gap left behind by Louth retiring and Downey going to Chicago. 9/10 on the words my friend. good read.

• 1 month later...