#AsktheBouch: New Season & New Hopes

Gaikoku-hito

100995111_RobertBouchardVHLMPhiladelphiaReapers.jpg.d54278fa66bbefbe1c35c82e21c02fd0.jpg

With the off-season coming to close later this week and the regular season for the VHLM expected to start we continue our series with VHLM Rookie of the Philadelphia Reapers; Robert Bouchard in the series #AsktheBouch.

Wow, time really is starting to fly now isn’t it as it just seems like a few days ago we did the last pod cast.

Yes, It really only feels like yesterday that we completed the last one. But that is a good thing with the season just around the corner as I cannot stand waiting when I know I am ready to start the season.

That being said the Regular season is just around the corner so what is your expectation for yourself this season?

Well, As of right know I am expected to be centering the top line for the Reapers to start this season so I am hoping that we can get off to a strong start as a line and quickly build some chemistry. If we can build chemistry then we should be able to dominate this season as my line mates should be Addison McLaren and Darius Marimoto; who are very good players in their own right. I am expecting to be around a point per game player this season but more important to me is hopefully improving on being a plus player this season as it will show a few different growth areas in my game from puck possession to defensive zone responsibility while hopefully still staying around a point per game. This will be a line effort if we are going to pull these two stats up and dominate as line.

How do you think the team stacks up this season?

That is a tough one and I really don’t like to comment on this type of stuff before the season has stared as it feeds the other teams if you come across over confident but at this time of the season everyone is the best team in the league and the worse team in the league. No, one will really know where the teams stand until you have played everyone at least once and even then things can change quickly as this is the VHLM after all. Look at Halifax last season and Miami. Halifax had the best regular season and looked to be a look for the Founders Cup last season but Miami collected a whole bunch of wavier pickups towards the second half of the season; developed those players and went on a run to win the Founder Cup. Was it a upset or just very good luck and development? That is up for debate now isn’t it but the point is anything can change at any time during the season.

But come on you must have a idea of were the team should finish this season?

I am only going to say we are targeting the play-offs at the moment. I really don’t want to get a head of myself or have the team get a head of them selves as it a long season and we haven’t even played game yet.

With games just around the corner and the start of the VHLM about to kick off later this week expect next weeks #AsktheBouch to cover the start of the VHLM league and Robert Bouchard first few games with the Reapers as he starts his rookie season and continues to progress towards the VHL.

(572 words)

Edited by Gaikoku-hito
Adjusting the lay-out as it looked sloppy to say the least.

• Gaikoku-hito changed the title to #AsktheBouch: New Season & New Hopes