VSN is looking for more contributors!

Mr_Hatter

277-2776493_we-want-you-uncle-sam-we-want-you.jpg

Hello everyone,

Recently, VSN has welcomed two new contributors to the family, with @tcookie25joining as a writer focusing on the VHL, and @dasboot becoming a full fledged contributor after his fantastic work with for VSN Australia's podcast series. However, we aren't stopping just yet, and would like to open up applications for a more positions.

First, we are looking to to fill my shoes on Under 250, by hiring another writer. Covering the VHLM is an important job, as highlighting the achievements of our minor league players is critical to helping them transition to the VHL. As a writer for the VHLM Weekly Review, your work focuses on giving our minor league system the coverage it deserves, and is a big passion of mine as I have been writing this series for the past 5 seasons. 

Second, we are hoping to hire another contributor to VSN Scouting. You would be working under our head of VSN Scouting @MattyIce, where you will be on the front lines identifying up and coming members of the VHL and VHLM. While our VHLM Weekly correspondent focuses more on the current events of the VHLM, as a member of VSN Scouting your job will be to highlight those members who might not be otherwise making headlines, but are no less deserving of coverage and recognition. You will be responsible for identifying top prospects as well as identifying the future value of the VHL teams of tomorrow. 

Finally, we are in the market for a graphics creator! As a member of the VSN Graphics team, your job would be to support your fellow VSN Contributors by creating graphics to enhance the quality of their content, either through series logos or individual graphics tailored to that week's article/podcast. 

For all these positions, your pay will be 8 TPE in each week that you contribute. Depending on the amount of work you do in a single week, you may also claim job pay in an additional week, and have that week treated as an off week, so long as you meet certain requirements. For writers, you may claim an extra week if your previous article exceeds 1200 words in length. For graphics, we can discuss this at a later date, but rest assured you will be compensated for your efforts. Additionally, this job pay replaces your weekly point task, so there is no need to create an additional media spot or graphic in a week that you claim job pay. 

At VSN we pride ourselves on the quality of our work, but there are no direct requirements to work here. If you want to apply, simply show me what you think best showcases your talents. Link your favorite media spots or graphics of yours, and let me know why you think you would be a good fit for VSN. Feel free to respond with your application, or DM it to me on the forums or on discord (Hatter#4975).

Good luck to all applicants!

VSN Editor-in-Chief Mr_Hatter

51 minutes ago, Mr_Hatter said:

277-2776493_we-want-you-uncle-sam-we-want-you.jpg

Hello everyone,

Recently, VSN has welcomed two new contributors to the family, with @tcookie25joining as a writer focusing on the VHL, and @dasboot becoming a full fledged contributor after his fantastic work with for VSN Australia's podcast series. However, we aren't stopping just yet, and would like to open up applications for a more positions.

First, we are looking to to fill my shoes on Under 250, by hiring another writer. Covering the VHLM is an important job, as highlighting the achievements of our minor league players is critical to helping them transition to the VHL. As a writer for the VHLM Weekly Review, your work focuses on giving our minor league system the coverage it deserves, and is a big passion of mine as I have been writing this series for the past 5 seasons. 

Second, we are hoping to hire another contributor to VSN Scouting. You would be working under our head of VSN Scouting @MattyIce, where you will be on the front lines identifying up and coming members of the VHL and VHLM. While our VHLM Weekly correspondent focuses more on the current events of the VHLM, as a member of VSN Scouting your job will be to highlight those members who might not be otherwise making headlines, but are no less deserving of coverage and recognition. You will be responsible for identifying top prospects as well as identifying the future value of the VHL teams of tomorrow. 

Finally, we are in the market for a graphics creator! As a member of the VSN Graphics team, your job would be to support your fellow VSN Contributors by creating graphics to enhance the quality of their content, either through series logos or individual graphics tailored to that week's article/podcast. 

For all these positions, your pay will be 8 TPE in each week that you contribute. Depending on the amount of work you do in a single week, you may also claim job pay in an additional week, and have that week treated as an off week, so long as you meet certain requirements. For writers, you may claim an extra week if your previous article exceeds 1200 words in length. For graphics, we can discuss this at a later date, but rest assured you will be compensated for your efforts. Additionally, this job pay replaces your weekly point task, so there is no need to create an additional media spot or graphic in a week that you claim job pay. 

At VSN we pride ourselves on the quality of our work, but there are no direct requirements to work here. If you want to apply, simply show me what you think best showcases your talents. Link your favorite media spots or graphics of yours, and let me know why you think you would be a good fit for VSN. Feel free to respond with your application, or DM it to me on the forums or on discord (Hatter#4975).

Good luck to all applicants!

VSN Editor-in-Chief Mr_Hatter

I would like to apply for VSN Scouting. 

I'll throw my name in there for either the Scouting or VHLM writing job. I think my strong suit would be VHLM coverage, I really feel like I have a good feel for the league as a whole right now.

Above is my power rankings post from earlier this week that got really great feedback. I would love to continue doing this weekly and even do more VHLM coverage on top of that. If I could get a VSN job and roll the power rankings into that, I think it could be a great fit. 

@RedSus @dariusmarimotoman @Ledge_and_Dairy @fromtheinside 

DM me on discord, I'm going to get started on interviews @Mr_Hatter

If anyone's still interested about the Scouting position, shoot me a DM thanks

First of all, I want to thank each and every one of the applicants for their interest. Unfortunately, we are not able to hire everyone that applied; we want to leave some content for the rest of the league ;) In the end, this decision was not an easy one; so tight in fact, that we have decided to hire two writers for our "VHLM" writer opening with the goal of increasing VSN coverage across both the VHL and VHLM. 

A big welcome to both @Hex Universe and @fromtheinside on joining us in VSN proper! We will benefit greatly from the increased coverage and flexibility of adding two proficient writers, and I can't wait to have you churning out your great work under the VSN name.  

In VSN Scouting, we welcome a familiar name to the crew; congratulations @fonziGG. With your experience in the realm of scouting being what it is, we are excited to add you to VSN Scouting and hope you will be able to continue the great work being done there. 

As far as our opening with graphics, we have not yet filled the position. If anyone would like to join VSN to help with graphics, please feel free to message me.

Until then, that will be all from me. As previously mentioned, this was not an easy decision for any of these openings; we received a lot of fantastic applications and deciding between them was very difficult for me. To those who applied but were not selected, please do not be discouraged. Keep working at your writing, and keep applying for these positions as they open up; I would have been happy to have any of you join us, but there is a limit to what I can bring in. 

Thank you all,

VSN Editor-In-Chief Mr_Hatter

• 1 month later...