Lenny Sanderson Junior Review

Gally

Antarctica's Ice Shelves Have Lost Millions of Metric Tons of Ice -  Scientific American

Lenny Sanderson will forever be unique in the VHL, and more importantly, in the world. He is one of few people ever to be born in Antarctica, and the only one to have been raised there.

Sanderson's parents are Canadian, and they both grew up, met, and married there. But they are extravagant people, and they wanted to experience something no one else has ever experienced before: raising a family on Antarctica. So they did. Lenny's father, Troy Sanderson, had connections with a scientist, and they used a lot of their savings to build a house on Antarctica, within range of a scientist exploration building. This is where they got their food, and they got their water from a well that went deep under the ice into the cold, untouched water below. Now, onto Lenny himself

As you have probably gotten by now, Lenny Sanderson had a pretty unique childhood. He grew up being homeschooled and never seeing any other humans except his family and the occasional scientist. As he grew older and was looking for pastimes, he discovered hockey, a game he could play very easily on the frozen wasteland all around his house. With help from his dad, Sanderson built himself a makeshift rink, and they ordered in pucks, nets, and equipment from Argentina, the closest country.

With pretty much nothing else to do, Sanderson practiced. Much more than anyone in Canada, or USA, or Russia would. Before and after his schoolwork, with little breaks for meals, Lenny would practice. By age 8, he was better than his dad, who played rec hockey until they moved to Antarctica. When Sanderson was 10 years old, he and his parents made the decision that Lenny needed to move somewhere to continue developing his skills. While his parents stayed in Antarctica, Lenny flew to Iowa, Sioux City to be exact, where he would live with a kind family who generously took him in.

He joined the Sioux City Lasers, the best minor hockey team in the city, and he was the best player on the team. With the help of Sanderson and his crazy skills, the Lasers went on to win the Iowa Minor Hockey Championship. He played with the Lasers until he was twelve, when he moved to Chicago to play for the Chicago Mission, one of the finest minor hockey organizations in the country. He played with the Mission until he was 16, when he moved back to Iowa to play for the Sioux City Musketeers of the USHL. In his first two years, he put pedestrian point totals, which is still very good for a 16/17 year old. But in his 18 year old season, the season where he would declare himself eligible for the VHLM, Sanderson exploded for 50 goals, 39 assists, and 89 points in 62 games This put him on the radar for the VHLM, and we'll see where he lands in the VHLM very soon.

A message from Lenny Sanderson himself:

Hi everyone. It's me, Lenny, and I just wanted to say a few things before pro hockey takes over my life. I want to spread the fact that Antarctica is in trouble. It is melting rapidly due to global warming, and human beings are the ones at fault. We need change, and part of the reason I came to North America is to help eliminate global warming. My home is disappearing, and I need all the help I can get to save it and all the animals that rely on it for survival. Thanks for taking the time to read. I'm looking forward to joining the VHLM.