#AsktheBouch: Strong Start to VHLM Season (Points Leader)

Gaikoku-hito

1652323271_RobertBouchardVHLMPhiladelphiaReapers.jpg.a70bc9923e5988744828783c188473f8.jpg

So here we are again and a week into the season to sit down with VHLM Rookie of the Philadelphia Reapers and current VHLM points leader Robert Bouchard in the series #AsktheBouch.

So you are league leader in points do you think you are hot stuff or something?

RB: (laughing) No, not in the slightest.

Okay, Then what has lead to your hot start to the season (point wise)?

RB: Oh, That is easy to answer as we have joked about many times in the dressing room with Addy (Addison McLaren) they guys has such a lethal shot but wasn’t find the net very much in the early games but I was able to bounce on the loose pucks in front of the net aiding his passing ability off the tender! (laughing) He lead the league in assists when he is pure goal score and I was leading in scoring when I am more of a play maker so this had the be way of things since I have muffins for hands compared to Addy. Cannot forget about my other line mate either in Dare (Darius Marimoto) as he has been the leader of the line and keeping us going for the most part. But it really helps when you play with two really good players and it doesn’t matter who has the puck as you know something is going to happen.  

The team is off to a hot start after the first week do you think the team can maintain this through the rest of the season?

RB: This is the question I think everyone is asking around our team right now but I don’t think we are overly consider about the number of wins, loss etc… as the season is a long one and the league is very close this season. We had some great early results against Miami but took a kicking from the Farmers of Saskatoon so this shows that anything on any given night could change. We need to stay focused on getting the best that we can out of each other and not focus that much on the record as it has been said in the locker; which I should keep this more to myself but we know the secret to being successful at the moment and that is simple winning. It doesn’t matter how but as long as we continue to win.

I also expect us to have up and downs during the season as we might have been able to squeeze a few wins out this week that could have easily gone the other way with three games coming to mind being the Miami games that we won and the Halifax game where our tender stole the game for us as we didn’t play a good game as I think we took them for granted a bit.

These are the things that we need to continue to improve and remove from our game if we are going to continue to improve towards the play-offs.

Is their anything in your game at the moment that you would consider needing to be improved to make yourself a better player?

RB: Yeah, I am always looking to improve but as an VHLM player I have a lot of potential growth areas and one of the key ones I would like to improve is puck possession as the more we have the puck the more time we spend playing in the offensive zone so I would like to improve puck handling, face-offs, skating and strength over the course of the season as it will improve the puck possession the most. This should see an improvement in the stats for my line mates and myself.

That must be scary thought for the rest of the league as we look forward to the second week of the VHLM season and continue to follow the progress of VHLM Rookie Robert Bouchard in the series of #AsktheBouch.

(657 words)

Edited by Gaikoku-hito

• Gaikoku-hito changed the title to #AsktheBouch: Strong Start to VHLM Season (Points Leader)