Driver: Veteran Presence

Tape-to-Tape

Driver being labelled as a veteran in the league is wild to me. Having played in 92 games now I can say that Zamboni Driver has been a lot of what I was hoping to be as a goalie in the VHL. 686 TPE so far means I am close to 700 where goalies seem to be seen as stronger and more reliable. It is just a number of course and you can find many goalies lower with strong stats and many goalies higher with mediocre stats. The goalie position offers no promise of greatness but I can say that Driver has been a success so far in my books. 48 wins 32 losses and 9 overtime losses puts Driver 12th all time for goalies to wear a Helsinki uniform. His 0.908 save percent and 2.94 goals against average are nothing spectacular but I really think the best is yet to come for the season 72 2nd round pick. As a veteran now on Helsinki it looks like I am hitting my prime at the perfect time as we have been to two straight finals and are looking again to make another run. Its a special thing to be thought of as someone the team relies on and has seen success with so I take the veteran label proudly and play each game to the best of my ability. The Titans currently have other successful season 72 players. Those players are Valtteri Vaakanainen, Spencer Elsby and our new backup goalie John Poremba. I am glad to be surrounded by players of the same draft year and those from other draft years that help to create the strong roster that Helsinki seems to always pump out every season. For the rest of the season I want to see more wins consistently and more shutouts. Only having one shutout so far in my career is less than I would hope for but the team has been great scoring goals and shutouts haven't been a necessity to get the win in many games. There are a lot of years to go for Driver and he does not look to be slowed down at all so I think Helsinki can be certain of their goalie position for a long time yet. I want to thanks all my Titans team mates and also those on other teams that wish well for everyone's success in the VHL. Go Titans Go!