Zod performance so far

Matt_O

So far, the Wranglers super line has worked out pretty well, although not as explosive as perhaps we had hoped. All three of the players are around a point per game, but the expectations were even higher for that line. This isn't reason to complain, as Calgary still sits in first place in the North American conference for now. General Zod is the primary power play and main defenseman supporting that line, and he has 23 points in 26 games which I'm happy with for now. I want at least 70 points this year, so he will need to pick up the pace just a little bit for me to reach that mark. I'm hoping the superline can go on a tear during the second half of the year, and they all finish with 85-90+ points. If that happens, Zod should definitely be able to clear 70 points, since he shares tons of minutes with that group. Zod is also playing solid defense with 40 or so blocked shots and I believe 80 hits, which is pretty good. That puts Zod on pace for 224 hits, which would be a career high, and 119 blocked shots which would almost be a new career high. So far, Zod is playing well, but I'm hoping for just a bit more from him. If he keeps up this pace, I'd be fine with that. I'm just hoping the top line can go on fire for a long period of time to help the team win and also get Zod some points.