Interview with Jaxx Hextall

ROOKIE745

Hello Jaxx, and thank you for taking time to talk with us, we know you've been very busy with practice and keeping in top form.

Glad to be here honestly, I have been spending a lot of time on my game and my play but there are things in life to do and enjoy, gotta keep the mind fresh as well.

Very true. Now that the season has started, has you mind changed at all? about deciding to stay with the team?

Not at all. I knew from the start when I heard who was on the trading block that the next season was going to be rough for the legion. Even if no one was traded it would have been a tougher season for us regardless.

What has the locker room been like with out Killinger and Magnum? You guys we're the big three, the core of the team.

Not the same, they have left a very difficult hole to fill, not just on the ice but off it as well. I know me taking out my frustrating on Killinger is well covered but we're still great friends, he understands why I was feeling that way. We still text and chat often, same with me and Magnum, we had and still have a strong bond and deep down the three of us will always be part of the legion. I think it was important that at least one of us stayed, while I can't know for sure I feel had I left to it could have had a terrible effect on the locker room. Like a sense of hopelessness and the guys feeling helpless, I feel that with me still being here I bring an air of confidence to the locker room, a sense of hope and joy. We all know this season will be tough but we laugh and enjoy our time together, we aren't letting the losses bring us down as a team, we're learning from them. If I can be honest though.... I miss having McDagg in the locker room more than Killinger or Magnum. While he wasn't captain just the veteran leadership he brought, and his style was something I always connected with, he was the guy I always watched and talked to for advice. In many ways he was what Storm was to me during my time with 21st and the Storm.... Minnesota Storm of course. So while I always had a few of the rookies come to me for advice I always had McDagg to go to for myself, but now that he's gone.... well that's something I'm still getting over.

I think we can all understand where your coming from. I know I can speak for all Legion fans that we still very happy to have you around. I know it was short but thank you for joining me Jaxx, or has some call you Hexy.

Thank you for having me and I hope I can keep putting on a job show for the fans.

(Word count 503, claiming for Nov 29th)

Nice article. A few things that I thought maybe could've improved it. I am a fan of pictures in media spots and it could've benefit from that. It also would've been nice to know who the interviewer was. Overall 9/10