Who Really Is John Callahan Jr?? (Part 2)

Callahan

FORWARD

If you missed last weeks article the link is below:

https://vhlforum.com/topic/95464-who-really-is-john-callahan-jr-an-introduction/

Last week we left off on a very peculiar note, is John Callahan Jr really Jack Eichel in disguise or is he completely his own person and not Jack all together.

In this weeks article we rounded up some quotes from teammates, coaches, and friends on who they think John Callahan Jr really is. 

One of John Callahan Jr's closest friends and line mates Justin Lose @youloser1337 had to say about Callahan Jr:

"John Callahan Jr. Man what can't I say about him? He is a great guy and kind of reminds me of Jack Eichel. Actually, now that I think about it he actually looks really similar to him too. That's awesome! I'm so glad we got reunited after being on the Reapers last season. After being demoted to the 2nd line John has been a real bright spot for me. He is a real motivator!"

Justin, who sits in the stall next to Callahan Jr, see's him everyday and is now finally getting suspicious of Callahan Jr's identity. Their connection on and off the ice has really paved a way for Lose's excellent play as of late but also as their friendship as well. Currently Callahan Jr has 25 points in 28 games in the VHLM and Lose has 31 points in 28 games as well for the Mexico City Kings. With their chemistry clearly if anyone who really knew who Callahan Jr was it would be Lose.

After talking to Callahan Jr's first GM @DMaximus, the one who took a chance on him as a waiver signing for the Philadelphia Reapers we got a little bit of a different take on John Callahan Jr's identity:

"Before we signed him off waivers, of course we saw pictures and noticed a resemblance to Jack Eichel. Even his stride looked similar on video. Then when I first met him in person, I mean he's a dead ringer for Jack Eichel. I think his voice is a little different, maybe a little deeper, I don't know. When I mentioned the resemblance to Callahan, he just laughed and said he gets that a lot. Now I've seen Eichel play up close, in person, and obviously I've seen Callahan play up close, in person. They're not the same person."

Now if there is one person who Callahan Jr looks up to in the VHL its Dmax. He's helped Callahan Jr from the very beginning and the two still talk multiple times a week even though they might be in separate locker rooms. If there was anyone who would know his identity it would be him right??

Lastly, we have a quote from Callahan Jr's new AGM, who is everyone's favorite AGM in the league, @rory :

"I don't care who he looks like or who he is. As long as they bring their best while wearing the red and black that's all that matters, and JCJr is definitely bringing his best out there. He's got a fire in him that I haven't seen in a long time." 

See now this is what I love about Rory and what makes him a legendary AGM. He doesn't care who you are as long as you're bringing your A game. You could secretly be drinking Molson's on the bench but if you're putting up points Rory doesn't care, if it works it works. Clearly, with the success of the Mexico City Kings it seems to be working. As of 28 games the Mexico City Kings are in first place with 47 points while Callahan Jr's old team, the Philadelphia Reapers are 2 points back with 45 points in 27 games played. Hylands and Rory saw the grit and determination of Callahan Jr and drafted him in the S75 draft. They both have set up the supposed "God Line" aka the best second line in the VHLM that consists of Justin Lose at right wing, Chris Foley at center, and John Callahan Jr on the left side. This line combined has 85 points in 28 games, which is an astounding number for a second line. With all of this happening it seems like it really takes someone as special as Jack Eichel to help lift a team up. I mean...at least in this league he has teammates around him who can help him and their team succeed. 

This week we finally got some answers from Callahan Jr's closest teammates and friends on who they think he is. Next week, we will finally find out the conclusion on who John Callahan Jr really is and the answer MAY shock you.

732 words. 512 without quotes

P.S Sorry if the writing was a little sloppy, my family takes Thanksgiving drinking pretty seriously here in the States.