Volunteering at the soup kitchen

Seabass

The holiday season is finally upon us, mind you 2020 will be a especially difficult year for the homeless as many are being left in the streets during the cold winter months as shelters around the world have to limit their number of beds due to COVID-19. The shelters themselves are also going through a rough time as they are also having to pay out for lots of plexiglass barriers and other PPE in order to keep the virus at bay and out of their shelters.

In the city of Prague, local hockey star, Seabass Perrin has chipped in with quite the generous donation to the city's shelters after donating 350 000$ to their cause. Not only did Perrin donate but he has also made regular appearances at the local food bank and plans to keep doing so for the rest of the year.

" At first I was just looking for something to keep me busy as I was getting a little depressed being alone at home but I found my time at the soup kitchen has been enlightening for me. I don't have any kids or wife or anything so coming out here every week has been, great, made many new friends and I feel more connected to my community. I encourage others to come out and do the same not only during the holidays but throughout the year. I'll keep this going for the next few months during the holidays and maybe longer depending on my work schedule. "