NYA Logo poll

Esso2264

Which is better?  

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hello people

I am intrigued about what people think of the New York Americans logo. I personnally am not a fan of it but some people like it. Here's what we are voting for, Current one or the Old one (not the Saginaw one tho rip)

Here's the old one

h78gN84.png

What do you think?

I voted old one but I don't personally like either of them that much.  But I also don't know what you are supposed to do with "Americans".  I think I just prefer logos that involve the mascot or whatever the team is named after.

As it seems I am in the minority but I feel like the current logo of NYA is really, really good. I think it is beautiful, has a lot better feel to the concept and most importantly, it is not shaped like a donut. To be honest, for the the round shield with US colours instantly reminds me of Captain America and maybe it is just me, but for me it seems to be a pretty lazy design. 

Yeah I honestly don't have a problem with NY in its current form. Something I don't love is that it feels like we get someone wanting a rebrand every season--granted, I wouldn't put this in that category because it's actually an old logo rather than a different concept, but I still wouldn't want to change any logo unless I actually dislike the current one.

I think the biggest knock on the new one is that the logo doesn’t really know what to do with the name and just kinda made it small and shoved it away. The double-letters in double-hockey sticks trope is overused but I like the crest much more than the Captain America shield. Bring the old one back for a retro season at the franchise’s 50th birthday or something special. 

• Commissioner
45 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

Yeah I honestly don't have a problem with NY in its current form. Something I don't love is that it feels like we get someone wanting a rebrand every season--granted, I wouldn't put this in that category because it's actually an old logo rather than a different concept, but I still wouldn't want to change any logo unless I actually dislike the current one.

THANK YOU

There are teams with legitimately bad logos that we are working our way through (Ottawa’s that wasn’t really a Lynx, Calgary’s Derp horse, etc) but we aren’t just gonna up and change every logo. Rebrands aren’t really a common thing.

• Commissioner
6 minutes ago, bigAL said:

Bring the old one back for a retro season at the franchise’s 50th birthday or something special. 

The franchise has been around since S6 or something along those lines, we’re long past the 50th.

4 hours ago, FrostBeard said:

As it seems I am in the minority but I feel like the current logo of NYA is really, really good. I think it is beautiful, has a lot better feel to the concept and most importantly, it is not shaped like a donut. To be honest, for the the round shield with US colours instantly reminds me of Captain America and maybe it is just me, but for me it seems to be a pretty lazy design. 

A Euro defending a football-style logo :surprisedpikachu:

On 12/2/2020 at 9:06 AM, Garsh said:

I voted old one but I don't personally like either of them that much.  But I also don't know what you are supposed to do with "Americans".  I think I just prefer logos that involve the mascot or whatever the team is named after.

There are about a million different things that you can do with a American as name that would be better then the logo above. Considering what American means as whole to a country:

• Blade Eagle
  • American Flag (stripes & stars)
  • Uncle Sam
  • Simple word Text
  • Statue of Liberty
  • Modified Captain American logo
  • American patriot 
  • Any President
  • State of New York
  • Simple Abbreviation: NYA or NY Americans