Sunderbruch's Rookie Review

NickSunderbruch

Let's talk about Sunderbruch's rookie year in the VHL. Nicholas was drafted 35th overall by the Toronto Legion, and he's performing at the top of his draft class. Nicholas is proof that hard work beats natural talent. We came to ask Nicholas a few questions and get his response as to how he feels he's done halfway into his rookie season.

Reporter: Nicholas, now that you've officially played 40 games in the big leagues how do you feel?

Nicholas: Well I've been feeling great about it honestly, I miss everyone in Vegas but I'm a big boy now playing with some even bigger boys. I've been happy with my production and I've been happy with my team.
Reporter: Is there any feelings of dysphoria since you've came to the bige leagues? How does it compare to junior level hockey?

Nicholas: The only real dysphoria was stepping out onto the ice here in Toronto for the first time, the crowds were much bigger than back in the minors. I've never seen so many people in one buidling before. And as to how it compares, it really doesn't. In the minors you're playing to bump your draft stock mostly, but you get really close with the guys on your team, the budget is lower so you're on long bus rides instead of short plane rides. The big leagues feels more official, and more like a place where the only thought on your mind is how to win this next game.

Reporter: Thank you very much for the insight Nicholas, thank you for your time. 

With the insight that Nicholas gave us, lets take a look at his performance and compare it to his minor league seasons. Nicholas has put up 16 goals and 25 assists in his first 40 games, and frankly that's impressive for someone who nearly fell to the third round. Sunderbruch's rookie year has been a doozie as he's shot the puck a total of 192 times, which is already more than he did in his rookie season with the Ace's in season 73. this rookie is absolutely someone to look out for, and a hot contender for rookie of the year, and he's absolutely showing us why he thinks he should've been drafted in the first round. Will Nicholas continue to rise to the challeneges that are presented to him? Will he fall to the pressure of the major leagues? Will he become the superstar he know's he can be? Only time will tell how this rookies career will play out, and hopefully it's a long tenured career.

NicholasSunderbruchLegion.jpg