fishy kindly requests that u read this

fishy

You are a very lovely person, fishy, and if this makes you feel better / more confident / happier than I will do my best to accommodate that! I'm glad you felt you could post this in our community and everybody is being supportive of you and the initiative as a whole. 

I find this is easier to accept / adapt to, when it's a person you've gotten to know a little bit before they start requesting specific pronouns, or announce a non-CIS gender identity. I do agree that an individual human should act/live however it makes them feel comfortable, as long as it's not hurting another person. However in my personal experience, some non-CIS gendered people aren't tolerant/patient enough with allowing others to accept/process/acclimatize to their preferred pronouns or identity, and often villainize people who do not immediately change their behaviour based on an individual's request.

Like I said, I will try my very best to accommodate VHL members gender identities. I just hope that people won't be villainzed if they share a different viewpoint on gender, because IMO the "two gender" system that society/civilization has observed up until recently is just as valid of a viewpoint as the gender spectrum viewpoint. I'm not psychologist/biologist/scientist/authority on the matter by any means, but I'm just speaking as a CIS-gendered male millennial bordering on boomer who smokes weed and does hoodrat shit.

Edited by gorlab

6 minutes ago, gorlab said:

You are a very lovely person, fishy, and if this makes you feel better / more confident / happier than I will do my best to accommodate that! I'm glad you felt you could post this in our community and everybody is being supportive of you and the initiative as a whole. 

I find this is easier to accept / adapt to, when it's a person you've gotten to know a little bit before they start requesting specific pronouns, or announce a non-CIS gender identity. I do agree that an individual human should act/live however it makes them feel comfortable, as long as it's not hurting another person. However in my personal experience, some non-CIS gendered people aren't tolerant/patient enough with allowing others to accept/process/acclimatize to their preferred pronouns or identity, and often villainize people who do not immediately change their behaviour based on an individual's request.

Like I said, I will try my very best to accommodate VHL members gender identities. I just hope that people won't be villainzed if they share a different viewpoint on gender, because IMO the "two gender" system that society/civilization has observed up until recently is just as valid of a viewpoint as the gender spectrum viewpoint. I'm not psychologist/biologist/scientist/authority on the matter by any means, but I'm just speaking as a CIS-gendered male millennial bordering on boomer who smokes weed and does hoodrat shit.

This might be the most positive Gorlab post in history.

17 minutes ago, gorlab said:

holy shit fishy, you made gorlab's heart grow three sizes bigger. It's a Christmas miracle!

• 2 months later...

fish how did I not see this forever ago.

Hi @fishy thanks for sharing this with us ❤ read through this after you posted it in thunderzone this morning. I think the patience you have shown has been fantastic and a very positive influence on the community. Keep being you bud 🍻