Barry Taffe- From Slovak league to VHLM

Barry

Barry Taffe- From Slovak league to VHLM

Barry Taffe is a young goalie, who started his career in Slovakia. At first he did athletics, but after two years, he became a hockey player. Was Barry always in the net? ,, No, I started as a forward at first. I loved scoring goals and something like ,,stay at home was´´ difficult task for me. When trainer put me to the defense, I was going still behind the opponent´s net.´´ So, why is Barry a goaltender now? ,, There was some change in my life. I've no Idea what and when concretely it was, but I am sure that change once came. From really talented offensive player was a goalie! Yeah, being in the net was always big responsibility. It was great to have all parts of goaltender´s equipment and standing in the net when parents, siblings and friends were looking for my saves. When fans were clapping after every huge save! I love it. I think it is more beautiful feeling than any goal, which I´ve ever scored before.´´ Barry haven't been drafted in his 16 to the VHLM. As he said, it was no problem for him. Thanks to this, he had more time for hard training and preparation for the league. ,, Yeah, I believe everything was ( or wasn't ) happen for some reason. For me is this probably the right way. And it is not important to think about where I will be now, if that draft have been more successful for me.´´

Barry is 18 years old now and he is looking for the big draft to the VHL. According rankings, He could be drafted somewhere around 60th place. ,, It doesn't matter which round or place it will be. Really important is to be drafted.´´ Has Barry some priorities, which team will be the best option for him? ,, I think it doesn't matter if it will be one of the better teams or one of the worse teams. But it could be beautiful to be drafted by Prague. It is really near my home country. But I will do my best for every team.´´ But go back to his career starts before his chance in VHLM. Barry Taffe has played for Bratislava in one preseason game in the 18/19 season for the latest period of the match. He got one goal from 7 shots. Then he was playing for the junior team ( 30 games- 0.90 save percentage) . Next season he got a chance in the 2nd slovak league for 5 games ( 0,872 save percentage). Other games were on junior team for him again ( 27 games- 0,9134 save percentage). After this season he got a chance in the Philadelphia Reapers for one year. He is doing well in the team. He has played in 8 games ( 8-0-0, 0,87 save percentage, 2,41 GAA and 1 SO). 

Barry Taffe is enjoying the VHLM and is looking to play in the VHL soon.