Sim League Presser

bigAL

I did this in the DC Presser this week but I think they’re valuable questions I want to know of the community. 

1. I just learned the concept of someone's "main", and it made me really curious: what's your main sim league?

2. Is your main league the same as your first league? If no, why'd you switch?

3. Do you find it easy or hard to keep up with one or more sim leagues in your life?

4. Someone on the playground tells you they heard Benny Graves got traded. You run back home to check the VHL news and you go to.... 

a) the forum, 

b) the discord, 

c) tune the TV to VSN

5. Are you here on a mobile, a laptop on the couch, a desktop computer or something else? How do you physically interact with the league?

6. Fill in the blank: I'm really hoping I get a _______ for VHL Christmas!

2 hours ago, bigAL said:

I did this in the DC Presser this week but I think they’re valuable questions I want to know of the community. 

1. I just learned the concept of someone's "main", and it made me really curious: what's your main sim league?

3. Do you find it easy or hard to keep up with one or more sim leagues in your life?

4. Someone on the playground tells you they heard Benny Graves got traded. You run back home to check the VHL news and you go to.... 

a) the forum, 

b) the discord, 

c) tune the TV to VSN

5. Are you here on a mobile, a laptop on the couch, a desktop computer or something else? How do you physically interact with the league?

1. VHL, of course

2. This is my first sim league, and I think it's great and don't think I'm going to switch anytime soon

3. I tried sba, but it's hard to manage 2 accounts as I soon found out. 

4. Since VSN usually takes some time to prep their coverage, I head to discord and check on what the GMs are saying

5. Laptop usually

6. I'm hoping I get some free TPE from the raffle for VHL Christmas

2 hours ago, bigAL said:

a) the forum, 

b) the discord, 

c) tune the TV to VSN

1. My main would be SCSFL. I'm in HO over there.

2. No, I started out in SHL, and that was my main, but then I got fed up with it. For a bit is was ISFL, then GOMHL, but that folded.

3. I can keep up really well with one, and okay with a few on the side.  I'm never so engaged that I can rattle off all the star players, though.

4. b) The discord, I guess.  I don't keep up well enough to know, so I'll let my teammates tell me what to think.

5. Usually on mobile, but today, on desktop, and when I do my GFX, desktop.

6. Big pile of TPE

1. I just learned the concept of someone's "main", and it made me really curious: what's your main sim league?

The VHL is definitely my main league and it always will be. 

I have lost count of the sim leagues I've been in. The VHL definitely wasn't my first league. 

These days it's harder for me to find the time to have multiple leagues but affiliate TPE makes it easier these days. When I was in 4+ at a time, it was 4 sets of everything, every week. There was no affiliation. 

a) the forum, 

b) the discord, 

c) tune the TV to VSN

As an ancient member, I'd probably be checking the forum first to see the actual trade post. 

5. Are you here on a mobile, a laptop on the couch, a desktop computer or something else? How do you physically interact with the league?

Currently on my phone watching the Big Bash Cricket. Most of the time I'm on my phone, but for point tasks I'm submitting on the laptop. 

6. Fill in the blank: I'm really hoping I get a _______ for VHL Christmas!

TPE bonus

On 12/10/2020 at 2:43 PM, bigAL said:

a) the forum, 

b) the discord, 

c) tune the TV to VSN

1. SHL

2. Yes it is

3. Very easy

4. B of course

5. Mobile, and I dont

6. Raise. Covid messed up my work schedule for good

Well, VHL. The only other time I gave any sort of attention to anything like this before was a few years ago regarding football, but it was way too in depth and daunting and I don't think I've ever thought about that again until now.

See above, but sorta. VHL is the first headlong experience I've given any effort into. The concept of running multiple characters between various sites like this baffles me.

I don't honestly know why I'd even want to. My attention is split between my wife and kids and the new house and Christmas right now. Being required to run through some bit of mundanity on these forums to make my numbers goes up late into a Sunday into Monday morning, and being available on Discord, is about as much as I can give. Hell, I couldn't even keep up with all the days of Christmas posts.

a) the forum, b) the discord, c) tune the TV to VSN

Kind of a trick question. First I go to the website portal to find out who Benny Graves is, then hop into the wall of text that is discord and see if this matters in any way to me, but it probably doesn't.

Split my time between my phone and my laptop. The real writing happens at the laptop, though, I don't have the thumb speed to really write anything out on the phone but I can update briefly from it every once in a while, and I'm usually on it when I'm checking discord.

Hat trick? Maybe win one of those raffles? That'd be pretty cool. Maybe Cowboy Prout will hit me up about that podcast? I'd really like to crack the goals leaderboard for the VHLM too so I'm going with Hat Trick, first answer. For Christmas, in real life, I don't even know. A new headset? Hope my sons like it though.

On 12/10/2020 at 7:43 AM, bigAL said:

a) the forum, 

b) the discord, 

c) tune the TV to VSN

1. This is my main and only sim league. It gets all of my dedication!

2. Yes! I haven't switched, and I have no intention to!

3. I don't have that problem. I think it's hard enough to be devoted to one, let alone multiple ones. I would be afraid I couldn't put my all into them equally.

4. A)

5. It depends on what else I am doing. Most of the time it's from my desktop computer in my office.

6. "I'm really hoping I get a Founder's Cup Championship for VHL Christmas!"

• 3 weeks later...

Still dont know what "Main" means ? 

i dont even know 

one is hard , people idk how people do two 

a) the forum, 

b) the discord, 

c) tune the TV to VSN

FORUM

Laptop on the ground

Narwal ! 

a) the forum, 

b) the discord, 

c) tune the TV to VSN

1.) My main sim league is currently, without a doubt VHL.

2.) No, my first main league used to be a football sim league (NSFA) but I switched because it folded.

3.) It isn't too hard, just make sure to get anything necessary done.

4.) C, easily.  

5.) Usually on my computer at my desk.

6.) Drafted by a team

• 1 month later...

a) the forum, 

b) the discord, 

c) tune the TV to VSN

1. Well I'm in a few sim leagues besides this one. My main is definitely PBE.

2. Yep!

3. Relatively easy, as of right now

4. The discord. Discord is best.

5. I do everything on my laptop!

6. a fuckton of TPE lol

• 3 years later...
On 12/10/2020 at 4:43 AM, bigAL said:

a) the forum, 

b) the discord, 

c) tune the TV to VSN

1. This is my "main" sim league.

2. It is

3. I'm only in one sim league so it's easy

4. I suppose I'd go to the forum

5. I usually use my desktop, but sometimes browse on my mobile

6. I'm really hoping I get a thousand TPE for VHL Christmas!