Gender Inclusion Initiative

Beketov

• Commissioner

Not putting this in a full fledged announcement because it's optional but still something I wanted to point out. In an attempt to be more inclusive to non-cisgendered members we have added a custom profile field for pronouns which you can find by editing your profile. It will appear under your profile photo next to all your posts so that it's nice and clear to everyone what pronouns they should be using with you. We have also changed the "gender" profile section to be more inclusive in regards to non-binary and gender fluid individuals.

I know this is a minor thing for most but it can mean a lot to those that aren't CIS so we're glad to be able to do it easily for them. As I've said, you aren't forced to use it so if you choose to please take it seriously. If you choose not to then you can completely ignore this and carry on with your day.

• Commissioner
2 minutes ago, Doomsday said:

Will this appear on mobile?

On profiles yes but unfortunately I don't think there's any way to get profile fields (even the ones we had before) to show up in posts on mobile.

1 minute ago, Beketov said:

On profiles yes but unfortunately I don't think there's any way to get profile fields (even the ones we had before) to show up in posts on mobile.

I actually think if you rotate the phone to landscape, while on mobile, it'll show. But yeah, not in portrait on mobile

• Commissioner
Just now, Quik said:

I actually think if you rotate the phone to landscape, while on mobile, it'll show. But yeah, not in portrait on mobile

Might depend on the phone, doesn't on mine.

2 minutes ago, Beketov said:

I have noticed that they will show up in landscape mode on mobile, so that's a big plus. 

Also, while I have your attention from quoting you, this was an awesome and selfless way to add inclusion to our community. Good on you, Bek!

Love this. So many people get caught up in thinking sharing pronouns is unnecessary. It's absolutely no skin off the back of cis folk but it makes such a huge difference for everyone else. Good on you, good on us.

Excuse me but @gorlab informed that we don't do this kind of stuff here

On 12/3/2020 at 7:36 PM, gorlab said:

Are you that guy who's really politically correct and commandeered SHL?

If so, we don't do that on VHL.

Edited by caltroit_red_flames