Gender Inclusion Initiative

Beketov

• Commissioner
27 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Good shit Sharpe! The only note I'd have is to add an option for He/Them and She/Them as that's relatively common in the Non-Binary community as well. Great idea though.

@fishy and I discussed if we thought other options would make sense and agreed to not overload it too much early on but with the description pointing out that if someone would like their specific pronouns added they just need to message a staff member and we’ll get it done. Seemed like a good mid ground solution since there’s definitely any number of other options and combinations.

2 hours ago, Jericho said:

Good shit Sharpe! The only note I'd have is to add an option for He/Them and She/Them as that's relatively common in the Non-Binary community as well. Great idea though.

you're also able to choose multiple from the current list! you're not limited to just one :)

• Commissioner
7 hours ago, fishy said:

you're also able to choose multiple from the current list! you're not limited to just one :)

That’s also a thing I completely forgot I did haha 

On 12/11/2020 at 6:35 PM, Jericho said:

Not to be ignorant, but what's the difference between he/him and he/them?

Is "he/them" going to essentially be a CIS-gendered person wanting to aide in the paradigm shift of gender expression?

• Commissioner
20 minutes ago, gorlab said:

Is "he/them" going to essentially be a CIS-gendered person wanting to aide in the paradigm shift of gender expression?

From my limited knowledge it’s usually more of someone who’s okay with either one which is also why I allowed the pronounce choices to be multiple choice.

1 hour ago, gorlab said:

It may be considered that way, but there's an alternate explanation as well. 

There are a lot of identities that fall under "non-binary." 

Here are a couple definitions for the explanation I'm about to give:

demiboy/girl: an identity to describe someone who doesn't fully identify with the gender that traditionally corresponds with the sex assigned at birth. 

genderflux: a term to describe the fact that a person's gender may vary from time to time. 

People who experience genderflux may not use the same pronouns all the time. That means that, when somene asks, "what are your pronouns?", it's easier to say "he/they" or "she/they" than it is to pick just "she/her," "he/him," or "they/them," for example, on one day and prefer a different set the next. 

Some people, like those who identify as a demiboy/girl may decide that they're okay with the gendered and a-gendered pronouns. Some people are in this case and use both but have a preference for one or the other.

I also wanted to add that these aren't the only situations in which a person may list more than one set of pronouns.

Does that make sense?

Edited by fishy