Making Memories in the VHL

Da_Berr

Wooooo Su is now the points leader! In season 71. Looking back on it, it has been a long ride from where I started. When I first made my player as a first-gen, I had no idea what VHL was or how it worked. Truthfully, I had come on the site a week prior by searching for sports sims and immediately left due to not knowing anything. Fortunately, I decided to come back, and I don't regret it one bit. There were definite highs and lows for myself and the VHL as a whole during this time, but to this day I can say that VHL is an amazing experience.

First starting out in the league was super confusing for me since I've never done something like this in the past. Thankfully the community was super helpful and got me on my feet. I still remember being signed to MIS after the season had already ended, thinking I would be playing in some games the next day. The LR of MIS was great, with everyone being incredibly kind in it, and I was super happy that I was subsequently drafted by MIS in the VHLM draft. Both Berocka and DoktorFunk (former GM, AGM) were a huge help in getting me started and actually interested in the league itself. I also remember some great teammates that made the LR tons of fun, such as bacon, JBrew42, LastOneUp, joeg, who are all unfortunately inactive now. Being traded to OTT which was DoktorFunk's new team, halfway through the season and winning the cup with them was also a great experience. Spyro who was AGM for the Lynx was also super welcoming and a great presence in the LR.

Then came the VHL draft. I remember the hype building up to the draft, and the hope that I would be picked in the first round like all the mock drafts said I would. But, due to my "intentional tanking," I slipped into the second round and was picked by VAN. Today I have to say that slipping to VAN was one of the best things to happen to me. Not only was Spyro on the team, but both Beaviss and the other players on the team were super welcoming. Unfortunately, most of the younger guys that I played with in my rookie season also went IA. Thankfully since then I've gotten some great teammates on the ice and in the LR. My rookie season was rough, to say the least, with a measly 17 points, it was looking like I would be a bust, and I didn't have high expectations for the future. In S73, the expansion draft came, and I was lucky enough to be signed as Warsaw's AGM by Muff. Preparing for the draft was tiring but very rewarding, as now I get to see the team and players flourish. For the one and a half seasons I was AGM there, I had a blast. Thankfully this time around most of the players are still active. dlamb, KaleebtheMighty, Hooperorama, and everyone else keep doing what you're doing. Unfortunately due to school I got too busy and had to resign from being AGM there, Muff sorry for not being able to fulfill my duties well in the later parts of my stint. From S73 and onwards my player must've started doping since he's been on a tear. One of the most satisfying things in VHL has to be seeing your player improve and tear up the league as time goes on. Winning the cup with VAN last season was also a great memory, and as time goes on I hope to make many more memories with VHL.

• 2 weeks later...