Who is Abe Roque ? and why hasnt she signed yet ??

GoldenDoodleBoi

So who is  Abe Roque for Scouts and GMs ?

It is a short-lived center that, right now, 5’5” and has its main characteristics in the offensive. If you search for her name on YouTube, it is clear what enormous skill the 16-year-old possesses as she has shown in the USHS (United States Highschool Hockey League) for the past three years. For her team Sault Ste Marie Blue Devils, she has scored 111 goals and a total of 172 points in 66 matches, which gives an average of just over two and a half points per match.

Her skills on the ice do not go unnoticed. Only during the half hour signed follows the training with the USNDTP team, it is quick to see that she is probably the best on the ice, at least most spectacular with her puck tricks and elegant skating.

After playing as the first female on the USNDTP Abe went to the University of Wisconsin to play Womens Div 1 NCAA after her application to play in the CHL or USHL as well as Mens NCAA Div 1 was Declined. A true joke, and major loss for those leagues!

I'm not alone in thinking that. Several younger guys from HV's youth team stand next to me just to watch Roque.

In the meantime after graduating from Wisconsin, Abe has followed her father Jim Roque legendary coach over to Sweden. In Sweden this is where Mr Roque  stared for HV 71 in the SHL for over a decade. After a short lived NHL Career,

Jim has always brought Abe out to skate with the teams he is coaching, since she was 5 she was practicing daily with National Champions NCAA Div 1 Lake Superior State Lakers. At the Moment Jim is the Head coach of the HV 71 of the SHL. Abe has been skating with the the HV boys for about a week now.

“ Which of them is it? Is she the number 28 on the back? Look at her! How did she do that ?! Wow! , They say excitedly before their leaders almost have to drag them out of the B-hall in Husqvarna Garden so that they will not be late for their own training.

WANTS TO IMPROVE HER DEFENSIVE IN SWEDEN

Roque herself also does not deny that it is in the offensive that she has her strengths, but he is a little more humble when se has to describe herself as a player.

- I want to see myself as a 60-meter player, I try to do my best in the defensive zone. It's on the offensive where I'm best. I can create chances and even put the puck in the net.
- I want to be a dynamic player offensively. That is what has taken me so far and if I can continue to do so, it would be cruel. That's what I want, the defensive game is obviously just as important and I have to be responsible in the defense as well.

HV 71 Assistant coach praised Roque’s hockey IQ, saying she’s “incredibly hockey smart” and that “with the players in our age group, usually the last thing to develop is the courage to use the middle of the ice. This is one of the first things that Abe showed us.”

And remember, Roque did this against bigger, older competition.