Quitting smoking?

Banackock

3 hours ago, Domino said:

Just don't start again, aight? Pinky promise?

PINKY PROMISE. 

Thanks everyone! Appreciate it all. It was my last day of work today and could have teared up I was so happy/proud with the milestone (didn’t help I’ve had 9 days of hell at work, haha). I’ve basically told anyone who I came in contact with today! It’s funny but the app I used promoted that. Send out positive energy, get back positive energy, reinforce positive behaviour. 

Thanks again everyone!! Here’s to another year. As always, if anyone ever needs help quitting or has questions, feel free. It’s 100% worth it! 🤗

• Head Moderator
On 11/9/2021 at 7:14 AM, Banackock said:

67ED2F57-C1E2-4CA5-88B9-A7D55D2BEC68.thumb.png.d857e9ef98ded65f02aaff7e2770f177.pngy5BBF5F17-96AA-4122-AE73-E1239453D6CD.jpeg.5063a8d024360fcc4803c38c76eb2b55.jpeg

Hello, it’s been awhile since I open this. I didn’t read the OP again but as I’m sure I had to of mentioned, I had quit one time prior with a prescription called CHAMPEX. I made it 3 months. When I quit this time cold turkey (no vapes, smokes, gum, nicotine, patches or anything) I honestly probably didn’t think I’d make it because I couldn’t make it with the help of a prescription that allegedly is somewhat successful in assisting with quitting. 

I’ve had a stressful last while I guess. Girlfriend had the pains, the tumour, the cancer diagnosis. Covid and lock downs, restrictions and societal divide. Work has been extremely stressful - I work with right wingers, racist albertans who are obviously anti-mask, covid, movements etc that love to spread their extremely far fetched conspiracies that they find in the dark corners of Facebook. Work too has been extremely busy and hectic working my normal 10 day shifts, on call 24 hours a day.. example - 3 shifts ago on the final day I worked  A 20 hour day with a call out… the shift after my final day was 16.5 hours… so 36.5 hours in 2 damn days… today is fortunately my last day of this stretch… We got a new puppy - which he’s adorable but man, he makes me so happy and appreciate of our 3 year old Doberman.. 

but, there’s good in it all. My girlfriend did her last round of chemotherapy on last Halloween (not this most recent) and in December she received the good news with check ups every few months since… her hairs even comeback very quickly!! Covid is still apart of our days but seems slightly better with hope now! Work is still shit!! Lmao.. and my puppy is our puppy.. but not even 48 hours into bringing him home, I taught him to sit.. flash forward a month later and he has sit, lay and very minor leash training.. and is working some more on lay and now slowly being taught spin.. 

AND FINALLY.. didn’t think I’d make it and I am about 9 hours early from my last cigarette I ever smoked a year ago.. but today is the day. ONE YEAR! My girlfriend’s mom just messaged me and wished me “Congrats on your 1 yr anniversary of being a non smoker ****..so proud of you and I believe I'm ready!!!   You can be my sponsor  😉 ” as I told her a couple days ago when visiting..  makes me happy and proud and it’s crazy I made it.. $3,700 bucks saved blah blah.. woo hoo!! Still can’t believe I did it!! Fuck yeah!! 

Excited Ric Flair GIF

Yo what this is amazing. Not only for your health, but you can get a fucking good smoker(heh phrasing) with that $$$. Also really happy your gf is going to end chemo. Its been a tough year you've gone through but you did it!

#winning

Edited by tfong

• 7 months later...

It seems like just yesterday I was making the decision to quit smoking.. I remember on day 365 I teared up pretty damn good because I was so proud and at the same time so surprised. I knew I could but it’s one of the harder thing I’ve done and you always hear and read how hard it is and how many people fail… I still have moments where it feels like I just quit..  and I’ve had a couple moments where I’ve REALLY wanted one - most recently on my 9 day mountain trip while having drinks around the fire.. BUT I DIDNT!!

600!!!

22A5514B-FB02-4DF1-87E6-EA29A0190812.thumb.png.fb649f0eeb62e55b3c34388856435df0.png

Good for you Bana! It’s a nasty habit that can cause so many different issues down the line. You’re doing the right thing, stay strong and lean on your girlfriend and support system!🍻

• 4 months later...

Hey all,

I never thought I’d be here… I never thought I’d make a month, 3 months, a year.. like I did.. I knew I could.. but I would have bet on me failing.  It was a super good feeling to go through this and see all of my words and all of the updates over the last while! I’m so proud I made it to another cool milestone.. thanks for being part of the journey. The words in here have of course helped too!  

6F159ED1-A2EA-41CF-AF6D-528152A00C10.thumb.png.5f5bab64bf2a6062c57f5f519fbd8b9c.png

Well sir @Banackock you have inspired me and as I work towards my goal of playing pro football, I want in on this challenge. I’ve always had a drinking problem and have been semi addicted to weed for the last 6 months. So I hope you don’t mind me popping in here with a post but I’m hoping that publicly posting this can keep me extra motivated! 

My start date was yesterday November 12, I’m hoping to check in again December 12th with good news.

.D3259C43-B5E7-4C16-9DC8-7B228854CC16.png.6723257f945fe8e6f32b7f6d33984a61.png

1 hour ago, AJW said:

Well sir @Banackock you have inspired me and as I work towards my goal of playing pro football, I want in on this challenge. I’ve always had a drinking problem and have been semi addicted to weed for the last 6 months. So I hope you don’t mind me popping in here with a post but I’m hoping that publicly posting this can keep me extra motivated! 

My start date was yesterday November 12, I’m hoping to check in again December 12th with good news.

.D3259C43-B5E7-4C16-9DC8-7B228854CC16.png.6723257f945fe8e6f32b7f6d33984a61.png

LETS DO IT! Post away brother. It helped me a bunch too.. I’m always here if you need anything too :) 

Different struggle, but didn't know my mental health was bad, like at all had no clue.

Started the journey to bettering myself mentally two days ago really looking forward to the affects, and can already feel the boost from what I was prescribed.

Edited by CrookedAnt

• 11 months later...

IMG_4649.thumb.jpeg.d93102241ff1eb86502b16a08468cce2.jpeg

November 9 I celebrated my three years anniversary of being smoke free. Not a single drop of nicotine, cigarette, vape, nicotine help or anything. Cold Turkey! It’s crazy to look back, think and just have the realization sink in that it’s been three entire years. I still have tough days. I still have days when I want a cigarette and while I really hope that goes away, it might stay for quite some time still.

IMG_4650.jpeg.f9e4387175c8b860151ecc8d60d66117.jpeg

These stats are also crazy. Based off what I was smoking at the end of when I quit, about 15 a day, because I was trying to wean myself off,  I would’ve smoked 16,449 cigarettes from my quit moment until now. Based off show long it takes to smoke a cigarette, taking about five minutes per, I would’ve sat there for 57 entire days had I smoked them all consecutively… that’s NUTS! Also saved a rough estimate of $11,000, however, the price of cigarettes has also gone up since I last smoked.

• 4 months later...