The bigAL Show ft. Fishy and Thad

bigAL

This was a fun, meaningful, and sometimes hard show to do. I hope you spend some time with us, listen to our stories, and I really hope we can help you feel a bit less alone during this hectic end to a hectic year.

Fishy and Thad join the bigAL Show for a chat about the holidays and how they affect people, the importance of being okay with not being okay, and some current events in all of our lives. Episode art: AL and some fish.

Topics include:
0:00 - Disclaimer: Not talking about simulation hockey today

7:10 - VHL Holiday Charity Drive

9:02 - Fishy's Wellness Check

12:07 - The Gender Inclusion Initiative

26:30 - AL's Wellness Check

38:00 - Thad's Wellness Check

54:01 - Substance Use 

1:03:03 - The VHL Charity Auction

Finally, huge shoutout to Fishy the Tech Wiz for recording and editing the show. If there's problems and you need to complain, write them a big long email and then SHOVE IT UP YOUR BUTT.

24 minutes ago, dasboot said:

ANTI-AUSTRALIA SENTIMENT 

good thing you're half canadian eh? I heard Berocka say on the last show you guys can donate to wildfire relief funds so its all good, we love everyone whether they're left right or even upside down like you

Something that fishy mentioned that Western culture is toxic because they expect you to be working on something new is very similar to Asian culture. Working from home hasn't helped my mom at all, she gets more work to do even when she's off. It's a little different than Western culture because we emphasise on work all the time. Just wanted to share that because that's the first thing that came up to me. And fishy's right, it's not nice and it's stressful. 

And anti-australian sentiment? Really? They are amazing AL

Edited by Blazzer

This was an amazing listen. You guys really got me thinking about alot of things. I hope lots of people find this pod and listen all the way through. It was fantastic!

I have two favourite days in December. One is today the 15th as it is my birthday. The other is the 24th because I goto my best friends moms place which is like a comfort zone/safe zone for me, and we all play board games and cards all day and then have a big dinner. The 25th is good too because thats Christmas with my real family.

@bigAL @fishy @thadthrasher, great episode I thought this was really good after the anti-australian sentiment...

Favourite day is Boxing day, usually do a big family get together, play some touch footy and backyard cricket. PLUS.. the boxing day test is on and who doesn't love that!

• 4 weeks later...
  • bigAL changed the title to The bigAL Show ft. Fishy and Thad