Tag Someone On VHL Who Did Something Nice For You

eaglesfan036

In the Holiday Spirit, tag someone on the VHL who did something nice that made your day or impacted you positively. I will start first. 

@gorlab - thanks for helping me pick out my internet package. You were 100% correct in saying the cheapest package would work well, as my internet has still been amazingly fast despite being so cheap.

@Rayzor_7 @tfong - thanks for explaining stuff to me in the stonks thread and helping me make money

@chatfan036 for donating a hecka lot of money for charity for me to get a custom forum role (take it if you want)

@bigAL for organizing chess tourney, donating for this kid with 0 paypal, and buying my pack in the auction

@der meister for donoing for me a while ago

@gorlab hooked me up with the stock packs again after my ssd died with all my photoshop stuff on it ❤️

@FrostBeard for always listening to me complaining about everything

@Devise@Jericho@Advantage for still giving me one of my best moments in this league, when around LeBeau's 8th season you guys found out on the pajodcast that the player was named after the x-men Gambit.

@BladeMaidenfor getting me enthousiastic for the vhl again after two rather inactive players, igniting my fire again in one of the most fun locker rooms i've been in

@Corco for actually bringing me to the vhl in the first place, after me first thinking this placed had a too much elite attitude compared to the shl. Thinking the complete opposite of it now :D

@tfong for being my lucky charm and always there for me to steal his points, first with XXX, then with Tzuyu and I claim most of Adrienne's points the last season were also stolen of Jungkok.

@Beketov for being a quick entry point whenever i want to discuss league stuff

@BOOM™ Great friend and birthday sharing person ❤️

@Philyou're just a great dude and fellow Liverpool fan

and everyone else for making this league fun, don't feel excluded I just wanted to stop typing.

@fromtheinside- Thanks for being an amazing dude who helped me out at first, answered my insane number of questions, and overall being an amazing Assistant GM. I probably wouldn't have been able to be where I am today with my player without you. The Rush should be overly thankful to have a guy like you in the management ❤️

@dlamb- You're alright 😎

What a great idea footfan_036!

Jeez where to start:

@Ricer13 for hiring me as AGM right away, that was such a great entry point to the league and gave me a purpose and passion I wouldn't have gotten as just a third line scrub on some team. :mia: forever 

- On the hiring thread, @Acydburn  and @rjfryman hiring me for WJC commish. Again, being recognized and valued for work feels great. I like to help.

- @fishy @Spartan @Berocka @dasboot @DoktorFunk @DarkSpyro for inspiring me to start podcasting - I haven't written a media spot since! (bonus spot to @thadthrasher for being the first guest of the show)

- @.sniffuM @Josh @Hylands @rory  @Esso2264 for playing games with me. Sounds silly but I've got so few irl friends who play games so it's amazing to be able to golf with friends and fall guys and shit. I know it hardly ever works out for me, and doesn't mean anything to you cause you guys do it all night every night, but it's really cool and meaningful to me. I love a solid "we stan AL in this chat" every time I join hahaha

- CHESS CLUB

- @GustavMattias and @omgitshim for continuing to let me play Town of Salem when they really, really shouldn't

- @gorlab for going extremely out of his way to throw compliments around

I think it's a testament to the leadership of the league that there's so many coloured people people with coloured roles on this list. The people in charge are really doing their damn best to make this place welcoming, nice, and fun. There's lots of other people to shout out like the S72 Marauders, the DCD LR (quality of convo > quantity), the ol' 9-5 crew who got me hooked, the people who listen to my show, and everyone who makes me proud to be in the VHL.

Edited by bigAL
phrasing

This is a fantastic idea btw

I would like to thank @Doomsday and @a_Ferk for giving me my start last season in the M. I knew nothingggg about sim leagues and these guys helped me a ton in my first season. I was lost and these guys constantly accepted me DMing them with questions about how to claim things, guidelines on posting, etc.  I seriously could not have asked for a better starting point in this league. Ill always have a special place in my heart for Sasky.

@PatrikLaine I will never forget the kindness you afforded me during the Victory ProAm tournament this offseason. Firstly getting me into the tournament and then giving me a shot to be a GM which was the most fun experience I have had so far. And then when the draft unexpectedly started while I was working you basically kept me afloat and helped me the whole way so thank you!!

@Zetterberg Z you also helped me alot in the ProAm but you also spent alot of time showing me some basics in Photoshop and were patient dealing with my amateur ways haha. Also you have been gracious with your time doing the VHL Podcast with me, Cow and Moose.  Between co-hosting and providing alot of graphic material for it, I couldn't have done it without you so thank you!

And finally @MexicanCow123, you took a chance on me. I literally had been in the league for like 5 weeks and still a largely unproven commodity. Despite that, you rolled the dice and picked me up as your AGM when you could have taken people with better resumes and people who have been around alot longer than me. So thank you for the chance, I hope you look back on it and are happy with your decision! Thank you :)

I could keep going, there are a ton of amazing people in this community. @Spartan and @Acydburn  have both shown me some wicked music that I've really enjoyed and even last night, @fishy took time to have a very informative conversation with me. This community never ceases to amaze me, Thank you everyone!

Honestly, there are many people to talk about... 

Firstly, I have to say that @BladeMaidenhas to get the biggest ping out here. She made my love VHL, she explained me things and helped me on my way to become a GM. I can't thank her enough for everything!
Then I think next has to go to my first real GM in VHL (Bushito doesn't count) - @Banackock, probably one of the most misunderstood people and truly wonderful human being that I have had only pleasure talking to. 
Probably, next one has to be reserved to @Elmebeck, a person I spent hours talking to in the middle of the night, just about everything, from beekeeping, house building to serious questions and small political debates. Truly miss you. 
I have to tag 3 people from VSN - @McWolf, @Mr_Hatter and @Doomsday, without you, VSN wouldn't have been a success. I truly am in awe for 9/10 months I had a pleasure being an Editor-in-chief. 
I can't sit here and ignore @OrbitingDeath, what a wonderful person. If you don't like this guy, you have a problem. He is been supportive and helpful through tough times. Thank you. 
Lastly, my teammates (Won't tag you all) and friends, thank you for making this journey fun and exciting every day! Merry Christmas!

Even though he traded me away (I'm really not salty, it's just fun to act it) I've gotta' say thanks to @Ricer13. On October 8th 2020, when my legacy in the VHL began, Ricer was the first one to personally reach out and say, "I know this is all overwhelming at first, but I'm here to help you out!" From then until now I know that I can go to him for help on anything, whether VHL related or personal life, and he'd happily help. This dude deserves mad respect and props for the time and effort he puts into this league. He's inspired me to work hard and be a powerful presence as well!

@GustavMattias for his running of the TOS games. Seriously my forum activity always goes up and down with the ebb and flow of my player. It's really nice to just have a side thing to log onto and hang out with a group of people from the site for tbh. Also never trust @chatfan036! But the nice thing he did was create this thread, so trust in that. But never trust in the process. 

@Ricer13obviously for giving me my start, being super helpful and just an all-around good guy

@Patrik Tallinder and @BladeMaiden for choosing my player to make graphics for (Tallinder made a sig for me last season, and BladeMaiden a player card earlier this season)

@RedSus @coochiman @Zetterberg @Nikdandrea34 @Victor (and Ricer obviously) and probably some others for making the Miami locker room a blast last season during our playoff run. Also @fyrefly for his forum contributions to making that such a fun team to be a part of.

@Mr_Hatter for hiring me at VSN. Also big thank you to everyone who's answered my interview requests for my first couple of articles!

and in addition to the above, have had great interactions with @hedgehog337@fromtheinside and @fishy

... I could go on - this is a great community with so many great people and I'm definitely happy to have become a part of it over the last couple of months!

1 minute ago, tcookie said:

@Ricer13obviously for giving me my start, being super helpful and just an all-around good guy

@Patrik Tallinder and @BladeMaiden for choosing my player to make graphics for (Tallinder made a sig for me last season, and BladeMaiden a player card earlier this season)

@RedSus @coochiman @Zetterberg @Nikdandrea34 @Victor (and Ricer obviously) and probably some others for making the Miami locker room a blast last season during our playoff run. Also @fyrefly for his forum contributions to making that such a fun team to be a part of.

@Mr_Hatter for hiring me at VSN. Also big thank you to everyone who's answered my interview requests for my first couple of articles!

and in addition to the above, have had great interactions with @hedgehog337@fromtheinside and @fishy

... I could go on - this is a great community with so many great people and I'm definitely happy to have become a part of it over the last couple of months!

Damn I didn't shout you out but I absolutely should have!!  @tcookie has just been the genuinely most pleasant and chill person I've met on here. Despite us not really being on the same teams, we constantly chat on Discord and even joined the PBE league at the same time! The league is lucky to have people like tcookie!

32 minutes ago, thadthrasher said:

Even though he traded me away (I'm really not salty, it's just fun to act it) I've gotta' say thanks to @Ricer13. On October 8th 2020, when my legacy in the VHL began, Ricer was the first one to personally reach out and say, "I know this is all overwhelming at first, but I'm here to help you out!" From then until now I know that I can go to him for help on anything, whether VHL related or personal life, and he'd happily help. This dude deserves mad respect and props for the time and effort he puts into this league. He's inspired me to work hard and be a powerful presence as well!

This is too kind. Now I really feel bad for trading you. Go win yourself a championship man, you deserve it!

@Cowboy way back when for getting me here.

@BOOM™@Noah@Devise@diamond_ace @Advantage@Jericho for being my best friends in my first extended VHL run.

@Beaviss for being the reason I stayed active and around for Harding through to now.

@Esso2264 for being a great GM, putting up with a lot of bullshit, and dealing with my backseat gaming when I watch him play pokemon.

@Da_Berr for being an awesome AGM that helped me a ton getting Warsaw off the ground.

@dasboot for being an awesome AGM that has helped us take the next step in our VHL existence and has made my job easier.

@dlamb@Hooperorama@KaleebtheMighty@jman9theman9 for being the best first draft class that I could ever ask for.

@Infernal@Alex Bridges@Laflamme@efiug for helping Warsaw by setting a strong example in the early years of our franchise.

@Renomitsu @AW13@Siddhus@Crstats23@inflastud@Jeffie43 for being a part of a pivotal second Warsaw draft class that has played a massive hand in our come-up this season (and in jeffie's case, coming in from a trade and being a big addition to the squad).

@TurnDaddy@kevinscix@Senjo1706@Jake Sumner@SilverMike@williamirc@Nicolai488 for your continued hard work in the Warsaw pipeline.

@dasboot@diamond_ace for your players' terrific performances this season.

@Hylands@rory @Esso2264 for putting up with me in VC almost every day and being good people.

@Garsh@Mr_Hatter@JeffD@Blazzer @Spartan@Da Trifecta@fonziGG@frescoelmo @gorlab@jhatty8@solas@Jeffie43@Renomitsu @a_Ferk@OrbitingDeath @STZ@thadthrasher for being homies.

@BladeMaiden for the free therapy, great conversations, and you putting up with my never-ending quest for optimization in Stardew Valley. ❤️

@bigAL@Tate for brightening everyone's day whenever y'all come around.

@Prout because you deserve a shoutout.

@Victor@tfong @Beketov@Quik for your continued work to make this league as great as it is, in most cases even through its darkest times.

@Josh for everything that you do, in the league and as a friend.

@Banackock@hedgehog337 for setting a great standard for the GM position for so long, and giving the league some stability to lean on in the job while going through a massive influx of members.

@Dil for putting up with all the heat and being cool nonetheless.

@Enorama@rjfryman@GustavMattias@Berocka@DoktorFunk@Acydburn @FrostBeard@Jubis@Jubo07@Ricer13@Peace@McWolf@Rayzor_7 for being members of the VHL's greatest generation that I haven't mentioned yet but have done great things to make this place much better over the past couple years. If I miss anyone from this category I apologize, there are a lot of you and I've been writing this post for a while already.

inb4 I forgot a homie and get shamed

@VHL community thanks for making this a great second home where I can RP as a muffin. ❤️ you all

@Nykonax I'M SORRY

@MexicanCow123 I'M SORRY

Edited by .sniffuM