Tag Someone On VHL Who Did Something Nice For You

eaglesfan036

• Admin

The wonderful people I've met irl @chatfan036 @Frank - come back babe

My legendary mentor @sterling

My legendary mentee @Will

My partners in crime @Higgins and @JardyB10 - come back babes

My BOG soulmate @flyersfan1453

I'm not gonna do a muff post because if I go into teammates I will inevitably miss someone out and hate myself for it. I love you all equally but I will leave it at that.

1st off I want to thank the VHL as a whole. I've met so many amazing people here and I can't thank all the commish and every person that makes the VHL what it is today enough.

Now there is 1 specific person that I've met from the VHL that really stands out. This person is currently inactive @Brewins15 she is truly an amazing woman. She was the 1st women I asked out. We had a few days of a crazy long distance relationship. It ended way to early but it's clear we both still have feelings for each other. I'm super excited for the future when your done with university and we can actually go hang out in person. You are such a beautiful girl Sam. Don't let other people, stress or anything put you down. You are everything I've dreamed of. Love you so much Sam. I'm here when your ready. Thanks VHL for bringing her to me. 

Next up is @InstantRockstar I can't thank you enough for the opportunity you gave me oh about 10 season ago. Holy .... Time flys by I feel like it was just yesterday. Thank you so much IR, you shaped part of who I am today in the VHL. You showed me how to be a leader and how to welcome new members. I love you to death IR.

@Banackock @diamond_ace  You guys gave me the opportunity to be a GM. THANK YOU. I still feel blessed everyday to have been given this amazing role. You guys are super chill and fun guys. Thank you both for everything.

Next up @Ricer13about 5 seasons ago I got the chance to hire you as my very 1st AGM. I feel bad for all my AGMs after you. I was absolutely spoiled by such an amazing AGM my expectations are crazy high now. Our relationship has only continued to grow. You have been a fantastic friend and GM, you are truly special. Thank you for the amazing friendship you bring me. Love you.

@Zetterberg You were a great AGM don't really want to compare you to Krice because someones feelings will be hurt. Z you have been one of the closest people to me on this site. Thank you for always being there for me. We've spent probably thousands of hours on discord just having a good time. I've loved the podcast were started together you've done an amazing job. Thanks for just being yourself. Love you bud. 

@fromtheinside My newest AGM. You came into this league storming with passion and excitement. You have been 100% committed to Yukon and every member that steps into our LR. You are an amazing writing podcaster AGM and Friend. I'm just lost for words. You are absolutely incredible. You're probably raising my expectations ever more for my next AGM. You encourage everyone on our team to work harder and harder everyday. You bring fun love and excitement to my LR. I feel like I'm just repeating myself now. Idk what else to say. But thank you for everything Scotty. I love you so much.

Thank you to all my fellow VHLM GMs. We fight constantly, but in the end we are all there for each other. You guys are like brothers to me. Thanks for all the support and hate in my VHLM GM career. Now let's go back to hating each other, then kissing 2 minutes later 😘

Finally thank you to everyone I've met along the way. No one in this community has really made me cry so that's good. Thank you to everyone in Yukon who currently deals with me and previous Yukon people who were so glad to leave. Thank you to all my friends in Seattle we have an amazing LR of support and love. Super excited for the rest of my career with you all. 

I'm sorry to eveyone who I've missed. This message would be 10,000 words if I were to mention eveyone, but you guys know who you are, love you all.

Didn't really expect this message to become this long, wow it's crazy to look back at all the amazing friendships I've gained from the VHL. If you ever need someone to talk to my DMs are always open. Love you all and have a great Christmas ♥️

I guess I could mention some people.

@Advantage who has put up with me for a long time, was always willing to help me and who is someone that I genuinely care about away from the VHL.

@.sniffuM who I have seen become a great guy after being in leagues with him for a long time. My favorite polish dude. Fond memories of....

1686405-w1.png

@OrbitingDeath  Ivo is one of the nicest guys I've met and is an incredible sim leaguer. Shares a birthday and also a Reds fan. Always happy to chat and see what's been going on and it's proved hugely valuable at some low points of my life.

@Victor He was very helpful when I first started and is still one of my favorite GM's having been in Davos with him. Incredible knowledge of the VHL

@STZ Who I haven't talked to much lately, but is a great guy that it was a always a pleasure to share a team LR with.

@der meister Talented writer and boob aficionado who possibly liked 10000 of my LR posts. Nice guy to chat to as well.

@Berocka and @dasboot My interactions with them lead me to believe that they are both quality guys and inviting me on to the One and a half Aussies podcast(even though I slept through the start time) has helped restore some self confidence that I'd lost lately. I let them down but they didn't even roast me particularly hard, so that was nice.

@thadthrasher Mainly for his posts about mental health and his positive attitude around the forum. Thanks man.

There's plenty more, but if you've ever GM'ed me, made me a sig, had me on a podcast or mentioned me in an article or ranking, thank you. The VHL and it's members have helped through some of the shittiest times in my life and I'm grateful to everyone that has played a part in helping me through.

Edited by BOOM™

@GustavMattias for continuously giving me a management job, even though I don't deserve it.

@Banackock @Rayzor_7 For being a great GMs

@DoktorFunk @TXC @Acydburn  for being great teammates

@dasboot For being a quality bloke

@.sniffuM @bigAL @BOOM™ for tagging me you are all great people

I figured I gotta get in on this

@Ricer13 and @Zetterberg I'll forever be grateful for introducing me to the league, showing me the ropes, and having faith in me in the playoffs. I will always remember the Waiver Warriors.

@tcookie, @RedSus, and @coochiman were some of the best teammates I've ever had. Thanks for supporting me. 

@Ledge_and_Dairy was the dude who told me about this whole thing, and I'm really glad he did.

@STZ is someone I always will attribute for me being what I am in this league. My introduction to this league through the S33 Bratislava Watchmen shaped what a team atmosphere and engagement should be like, and I don't know how hooked I would have gotten elsewhere. You don't get enough credit for all the wonderful things you have done for this community, and I hope I am doing you proud with my efforts to continue the job you started. 

Between being the first suck... GM to draft me, working on the VHL Mag and more, @Advantage has put up with my shenanigans for quite some time. The league isn't the same when you aren't around, and you're as much a part of the VHL to me as the sims themselves. 

@FrostBeard took a big chance on a dude that had been gone for years to write for VSN, and man, did that ever take off. Our passion for it constantly elevated the bar higher and higher, and even today it is still what it is because of you. Also, I owed you a tag that's not an everyone tag. 😂

@BladeMaiden serves as proof to me that you can't judge someone based on a reputation. By giving her the chance to be, I gained a truly loving and caring friend, maybe the most passionately positive person I've ever met. Never judge a book by it's cover... you could lose out on a treasure like Blade. 

@McWolf, @a_Ferk, @Boragina, @Gooningitup, @Sharkstrong, @Shaka, @TTtheT, @jhatty8, @Lefty_S, @Emi, @wcats, @Advantage, @twists... the Season 72 Saskatoon Wild. One of the most fun, energetic, and enjoyable teams I've ever had the privilege to be a part of. Everything just seemed destined to work out with this squad, and fate dictated this team would win it all. Seasons like this put into perspective why we all take part in leagues like the VHL, and while I may not be lucky enough to ever have a team like this again, damned if I won't try. Thanks for such a memorable season. 

@Beaviss, @fromtheinside, and @bigAL were all also super helpful and supportive of me in my struggles with anxiety, and when it looked like I might be on the verge of burning out, I made it back with their help. Thanks, guys. I can't say enough to truly show my appreciation for how much you lifted me up when I was down. 

@GustavMattias, back from Day One of my return you've been super friendly, supportive, and just all-out a wonderful human being that I'm very fortunate to enjoy the company of. Between you getting me into and playing the ToS games you host, doing your very best to bring my beloved Davos back from being a laughingstock, and constantly challenging people to try or experience new things, you're good people, and I really want you to know that. 

Edited by Doomsday

Get some popcorn, I have quite a few people to go through.

Before I get started on the names in question, great idea @chatfan036 to start a thread like this. Brings out the kindness in the community during the holiday season!

The person I owe to me being on the VHL to this day is @Sonnet. I was pretty confused with things at the beginning and was considering moving on too early. He walked me through everything so I definitely owe him one because who knows where I would be at right now if I didn't stay.

Someone I owe a lot to @BladeMaiden but not just from a VHL perspective but also from a life perspective. She's taught me a lot about life as well being a great friend and AGM in Helsinki.

@Jubo07 for taking a chance on me in the first round and for being a really good GM. Helped me settle into Helsinki the moment I got there and has been very supportive of me and my fellow Titans.

@JigglyGumballs for not only being a great AGM over in Vegas and helping the VHL community but for being a great friend irl. Love you bud ❤️

@Zetterberg, @MexicanCow123, @Jtv123, @fishy, @fromtheinside, @DreMin15 and almost 50 others for helping me put on a tournament during the offseason. This tournament would not have happened without you guys!

@MattyIce for showing me the ropes when I first joined and helping me with donations (I WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE OKAY?).

I know I'm forgetting a lot of names, but thank you to EVERY SINGLE VHL MEMBER who makes the community a better place for all of us and take care of each other and those around us.

Merry Christmas GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

I saw this, and this is so great. @chatfan036 what an idea

First of all, @Spartan and @JigglyGumballs have taught me everything I know about this league. Huge thanks for that.

@Crstats23 and @ZP16 have been amazing mentors for me on the Aces, and guys I model Zetterstrom after.

@Domino Draws and @RedSus are two of my closest friends here

@hedgehog337 thanks for having faith in my little defenceman, I'm honored to be able to join the Reign next season

@Ricer13, @fromtheinside, @MexicanCow123, @Hex Universe, you guys have all been inspiring and have helped me on my journey. Thank you

I’ll jump in on this

first @DoktorFunk and @DarkSpyro thank you both for helping me when I first joined and had no idea what to do

@Spartan @twists @JigglyGumballs I would never have thought that I was actually going to be drafted but you took a chance on me and I see what Spartan and Jiggs do in Vegas and it’s a great thing

@NickSunderbruch @ZP16 @G_Rush @Rhynex Entertainment thanks for being some of the best teammates anyone could ask for, I see you all being beasts keep it up 

@.sniffuM @dasboot and the rest of Warsaw squad you guys welcomed me too the team and given me the most I could have wanted as a rookie (I thought I was going to be a 4th line playing two minutes a game)

I would say thanks to @Doomsdayand @a_Ferk who really helped me a lot in my noobs days last season and always been patient and nice even if I was messaging them often about the ice time on the forth line

I would also like to thank @MattyIce who has been a fantastic AGM and really helped me a lot to improve myself and he is one of the reasons I’m capped and ready fir the VHL next season

and at last, I would like to thank @BladeMaiden for the amazing graphic she made for me, I use it as my signature with pride 🙂

happy Christmas everyone !