Brendan Telker Junior Review

Telkster

Brendan Has Big Shoes To Fill

Introduction 

Like Nate Telker, his brother Brendan was also born in Lethbridge, Alberta. Brendan has been known as a big winger who likes to score goals, although he does have some catching up to do on strength. Brendan grew up with Nate in a middle-class family that has always enjoyed hockey. Brendan will probably be compared to Nate wherever his career takes him, but Brendan sure thinks he is up for the task. "Nate started his VHLM career early like me, so I'm really gonna try my best out there to live up to the hype." Brendan's teen years got a little more complex when Nate moved out to start his hockey career before turning 18. Growing up to about age 10 having a brother that always sat next to you was a familiarity to Brendan. 

Once Nate moved out, it really was an only child like atmosphere for Brendan. The brother he had almost everyday was now limited to summers, holidays, and the odd weekend if he was lucky. "Music is what really helped control my moods". Brendan commented. His coaches always said during middle school and high school, that buds were always in Brendan's ears before and after games. He describes his music taste as old school rock, mixed in with some modern rap and hip hop. "pretty much anything that gets the juices flowing before a game, the music that sends chills down your spine, that's what I like." Brendan said with glee. 

Career stats 

While it is much harder to track Brendan's numbers from middle school, his high school numbers are much more clear. as a 15-year-old in grade 10, He put up impressive numbers as an older player on the team (grade 9 and 10 players) He put up 40 goals and 25 assists in just a 30 game season. His team finished 3rd of 15 teams in the league that year, which was the top division in the province for that age group at the time. Brendan's grade 11 year was when he really caught the eye of some scouts, where he ended up with another 35 goals and 27 assists in just 25 games. Brendan was in the younger half of players (grade 11 and 12) at the time.

A couple of smaller injuries plagued his grade 11 year, where he would have played 35 regular-season games instead of 25, so these numbers really were making the local headlines too. More then halfway through his grade 12 year now, Brendan has been given the nod to finish grade 12 online, as he has already moved to Minnesota and played 8 games as a rookie. Brendan has put up 4 goals and 3 assists, which is a much hotter start to his VHLM career than his brother Nate.