2014 World Cup

Victor

I was hoping France would miss, for karma's sake after the Henry handball last time (I still wear an Ireland track jacket every time France plays, and I'm not even an Ireland fan). Oh well, clearly the better side won, can't just fluke into 3-0.

Gutted for Burkina-Faso. Almost made it to their first World Cup today, but lost on away goals to Algeria. Horrible way to go down.

Yeah I was rooting for them. The amount of money they would receive just simply for going would've been huge!

USA will obviously make it to either the round of 16 or the round of 8 before losing horribly to a country we really can't compete with.

No to a country that has no business being their. If I remember correctly USA plays up to competition greater and down to competition lesser than them.

• Admin

No to a country that has no business being their. If I remember correctly USA plays up to competition greater and down to competition lesser than them.

Last time they lost to Ghana who were a penalty miss away from the semi-final (granted the draw and results guaranteed a semi-final place for one of South Korea, Ghana, USA, and Uruguay). So either there's a lot of competition that USA can't compete with (like 20 teams)... actually that sounds about right.

Last time they lost to Ghana who were a penalty miss away from the semi-final (granted the draw and results guaranteed a semi-final place for one of South Korea, Ghana, USA, and Uruguay). So either there's a lot of competition that USA can't compete with (like 20 teams)... actually that sounds about right.

Can't compete with:

Germany

Spain

Brazil

Argentina

Portugal

Italy

Belgium

Netherlands

Favored to lose to, but could feasibly pull a result:

Russia

England

Uruguay

Chile

Ghana

Ivory Coast

Cameroon

France

Colombia

Denmark

Can beat the other teams.

USA will win because we have a goalie who makes saves on the field.

Guess what, even a great goalie can't stop the trouble headed towards him when Spain/Germany/Netherlands/Belgium/Argentina/Uruguay and others start shooting.

Guess what, even a great goalie can't stop the trouble headed towards him when Spain/Germany/Netherlands/Belgium/Argentina/Uruguay and others start shooting.

USA will win because we're bound to have an Algeria or a South Korea in our group. USA will win that match.

He's attempting to make a joke. He bolded "goalie" and "field" because they're not the "proper" terms keeper and pitch. It's funnier at home because there's more of a story that goes with it.

He's attempting to make a joke. He bolded "goalie" and "field" because they're not the "proper" terms keeper and pitch. It's funnier at home because there's more of a story that goes with it.

You Gows, leave your shit at the house haha

• 2 weeks later...

Anyways, my updated predictions, also ranked based on difficulty with 1 being most difficult.

Group A: 4

Brazil

Croatia

Cameroon

Mexico

Group B: 1

Spain

Netherlands

Chile

Australia

Group C: 5

Japan

Colombia

Ivory Coast

Greece

Group D: 3

England

Uruguay

Italy

Costa Rica

Group E: 6

Ecuador

France

Switzerland

Honduras

Group F: 8

Argentina

Nigeria

Bosnia & Herzegovina

Iran

Group G: 2

Germany

Portugal

Ghana

United States

Group H: 7

Belgium

Korea Republic

Russia

Algeria

Knockout Rounds:

Brazil over Netherlands

Japan over Uruguay

Nigeria over Ecuador

Germany over Korea Republic

Spain over Croatia

Colombia over England

Argentina over France

Portugal over Belgium

Brazil over Japan

Germany over Nigeria

Spain over Colombia

Portugal over Argentina

Germany over Brazil

Spain over Portugal

Germany over Spain

• Admin

Average groups with no talking points:

Brazil
Croatia
Mexico
Cameroon

Colombia
Greece
Ivory Coast
Japan

Switzerland
Ecuador
France
Honduras

^ rigged much?

Argentina
Bosnia-Herzegovina
Iran
Nigeria

^ hmm Bosnia could go far in their first WC

Belgium
Algeria
Russia
South Korea

--------------------------------------------

The OMG THIS SHIT CRAY groups:

Spain
Netherlands
Chile
Australia

^ My condolences Australia

Uruguay
Costa Rica
England
Italy

^ Sir Geoff Hurst, WHY? 3 of my favourite teams (Costa Rica is not one of them). England :(

Germany
Portugal
Ghana
USA

^ Germany vs Klinsmann vs Ronaldo vs 2010 Africa's best

Ya, I'm part Costa Rican. I'm in shambles at the moment. Both of the teams I wanted to do well just go fucked over completely. Looking at Groups E, F, and H pisses me off at this point.

Spangle how is group B the strongest? Netherlands and Spain battle it out for ½ and the other two teams die off. Australia will be the worst in the tourney and Chile are a one-man show.

Also Victor, Bosnia could go far but unfortunately Argentina and Nigeria are there. Nigeria is no slouch.

Spangle how is group B the strongest? Netherlands and Spain battle it out for ½ and the other two teams die off. Australia will be the worst in the tourney and Chile are a one-man show.

Also Victor, Bosnia could go far but unfortunately Argentina and Nigeria are there. Nigeria is no slouch.

Don't knock Chile. They're the 12th ranked team and played against Spain last time and IIRC, gave them a pretty good run. Ultimately, I think Spain/Netherlands/Chile is stronger than Germany/Ghana/Portugal/USA. But, I could see it the other way around as well.