Ondrej Ohradka Retires

animal74

ohradkaslo.jpg.e929c9a5110354dfa15881f08819fb04.jpg

Ondrej Ohradka Retires

A press conference was called to announce that S68 draftee Ondrej Ohradka is retiring.

Ohradka read from a prepared statement:

Thank you to everyone for coming. Today, I am announcing my retirement from the VHL. I just wanted to take the time to thank some people who helped me in my career and some of the friends who I’ve met along the way.

First, I would like to thank the four organizations that I had the pleasure of playing for: the Minnesota Storm :osl:, the Saskatoon Wild :ssk:, the Calgary Wranglers :cal: and especially the Prague Phantoms :prg:. I would like to thank the management who either drafted me or traded for me and took a chance on a “first-gen”: @Rayzor_7@Peace, @Bushito, & @diamond_ace . Of course, I need to mention that Elmebeck was the AGM of the Wild and I had the opportunity to have some Discord chats with him before he left us. He had an impact on me and I will not forget his kindness. R.I.P.

I’ve met and have conversed with lots of great people along the way but I wanted to especially say thanks to @Victor and @a_Ferk

Thanks to the VSN staff for taking a chance on me. You’ve all been great to work with and I look forward to writing more great content with you!

Then there are all the fantastic teammates who have shared a part in my career and I’d like to acknowledge as many as I can.

From my Wild days: Kristopher McDagg @Viperxhawks19, David O'Quinn @David O'Quinn, Killy Foilen @Aye my name jeff, Damien Wolfe @Laflamme, Erik Killinger @Peace, Uhtred @leafsman

My Wrangler mates (and some former Wild mates). Albeit a brief stay, thanks for making it a memorable one!: Charlie Paddywagon @DMaximus, Sigard Gunnar @Big Mac, Kris Rice @Ricer13, Hiroshi Okada @enigmatic, Tyler Barabash Jr, Brady Stropko Jr @BushitoJordan Tonn @MexicanCow123, JB Rift @Devise, RJ Jubis @Jubis, Edwin THE Encarnacion @Tagger, Mikko Lahtinen @Beketov, Jacques Lafontaine @SlapshotDragon

And finally, my Phamily – the Prague Phantoms. Thanks for making this career so enjoyable in spite of our lack of team success. It has been a pleasure to battle and party with you on and off the ice: Gert B Frobe @NumberJ5, Blake Laughton @Grape, Joel Ylonen @Esso2264, Virgil Ligriv @MMFLEX, Roll Fizzlebeef @TacticalHammer , John Poremba @CrlineDijohn14, Pengu @Pengu, Nicolas Fomba @efiug, Cody Smith @cody73, Solomon Crawford @AW13, Ben McGirr @cartoes, Jacob Perry @Liberty_Cabbage, Zachariah Kisslinger @Zach Kisslinger, John LeClair II @flyersfan1453, Riley Knight Gee @KnightRiley, Dan Baillie Jr @wcats, Woody McPine @HearnNation67, Kefka Palazzo, Dagmar Havlova @diamond_ace , Brick Wahl @BladeMaiden, Alex Pearson @Jayrad28, Gary Tarantino @Garrett, Cinnamon Block @omgitshim, Wolf Stansson Jr @Cornholio, Seabass Perrin @Seabass, & Thomas Landry II @Doomsday.

See you on the ice soon and Merry Christmas!

The native of Trencin, Slovakia began his career as a Founder’s Cup winner with the S69 Saskatoon Wild and had one trip to the Continental Cup Finals in his rookie season with the S70 Calgary Wranglers which ended in a six-game defeat to the Moscow Menace. He also was a part of two first round losses with the Prague Phantoms in S71 and S74. Although no major awards bear his name, he has won many team awards with the Saskatoon Wild and Prague Phantoms. And up until the last part of this season, Ohradka was the Wild’s all-time leader in career goals and game-winning goals and currently holds the Phantoms’ single-season goals record with 35. He will end his career in the Top-5 of many Prague statistical categories including third in all-time goals even though he played less than six full seasons there. After being a 4th round pick and having underwhelming rookie and sophomore years in the height of the dead-puck era, Ohradka will finish his career with four consecutive seasons of 26+ goals and 50+ points. He was also an assistant captain of the Phantoms for the first and only time in his final season. He finishes with 977 TPE.

Edited by animal74

@animal74 you know I was in Calgary with you too right? ^__^ We literally followed each other to Prauge lol. Congrats on an amazing career and we all look forward to seeing your next player.

💜<---because all the phantom players knows what this means... you were loved man and you will be missed.

Edited by BladeMaiden

1 minute ago, BladeMaiden said:

@animal74 you know I was in Calgary with you too right? lol We literally followed each other to Prague lol.

Oh, I know! In fact you were the first Wrangler to reach out to me. But you're a Phantom in my mind! 😉💜 #Phamily

Just now, animal74 said:

Oh, I know! In fact you were the first Wrangler to reach out to me. But you're a Phantom in my mind! 😉💜 #Phamily

Probably because we both had such an amazing time while we were living it up in Prague.. Legit Phantoms are #Phamily hope you remember that if you ever need anything because Phamily is there with you come rain or shine ;)

💜 💜 💜

I guess I need to make you a new sig, you'll have to give me your new player deets :)

Literally a big fan of you.  I tried to bring you back to Calgary a few seasons ago but you were too loved in Prague.  Can't say I blame them. 

Id love to have one of my players play along side you in the future or have you back in Calgary 🍻

BEST OF LUCK ON YOU NEXT PLAYER!

Edited by Jubis

1 hour ago, Jubis said:

Literally a big fan of you.  I tried to bring you back to Calgary a few seasons ago but you were too loved in Prague.  Can't say I blame them. 

Id love to have one of my players play along side you in the future or have you back in Calgary 🍻

BEST OF LUCK ON YOU NEXT PLAYER!

Can confirm you tried. Not letting him go that easy though

The ultimate team player, Prague will never forget all you've done for this team. Congratulations on blazing your own path, and making it all but impossible for you to ever be a steal in the draft like you were before. 

Thomas Landry II has played in Prague for five seasons now, and Ohradka played in all but one of those games with him. Gonna be weird not having you out there next season. 

:ssk: :prg:

Damn, well, it was an honour to play with you on the Wild and with the Wranglers! I'll never forget being with you guys for S69 when we made VHL history. You were an amazing teammate in Calgary and I wish you the best of luck with your future player! Just don't score on me too much lol

1 minute ago, SlapshotDragon said:

Damn, well, it was an honour to play with you on the Wild and with the Wranglers! I'll never forget being with you guys for S69 when we made VHL history. You were an amazing teammate in Calgary and I wish you the best of luck with your future player! Just don't score on me too much lol

Thanks @SlapshotDragon! It was a pleasure playing with you and against as well! S69 was amazing and our friendly rivalry since I left Calgary has been fun! Good luck in the playoffs!

And don't worry, my new guy won't score on you... he'll bowl you over! 😉

Congratulations on your amazing career. You have been one of the most active voices in the team locker room and grew into a good leader on the team over the past few seasons.  You brought a lot of positivity and were always a team first type of guy. You've made quite an impact during your stay in Prague and i'm proud to have had the opportunity to have played on a team with you and lucky to have been for 4 seasons.